Moretown Mountain Rd. & Turkey Hill Road - worth a drive!

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

ctyanky
Board Admin

Moretown Mountain Rd. & Turkey Hill Road - worth a drive!

Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:05 pm

I thought I would mention these two roads that I have taken in the previous years. Moretown Mtn. Road begins in Moretown obviously, north of Waitsfield. The last two times I was on it the foliage was gorgeous. It ends at route 12. It is mostly a dirt road with some paved sections. It was peaceful and just a nice drive all around.

The other road is one I "think" I got from NEK years ago? It is Turkey Hill Road in Northfield so maybe the two can be combined. I know a bunch of us took Turkey Hill Road a couple of years ago and the views at the top were amazing. Maybe someone can post a photo or two..... There is a tiny road called King I believe that you turn on before the road begins. I'm sure Andy drove this, he was behind Carol and I just by a hair!

I only mention these because they may be peaking now, but I'll leave that to those traveling the state for up to date info. No one has posted about these so I just threw them in for further options - for some reason they have been on my mind lately! 8)

minnesotaman

Re: Moretown Mountain Rd. & Turkey Hill Road - worth a drive

Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:20 pm

I was on Turkey Hill Road today. Your surmise is correct. It is at peak. There is quite a bit of red. If it rains on Saturday, as predicted, I think a lot of leaves will be knocked down in that area.

The street that goes up the hill to Turkey Hill is called East Street.

I was also at Noyes Pond today, which is a bit past peak.

Mack's Mountain Road and the Peacham area are still fine.

232 is starting to look a bit ragged. I did not go up Owl's Head.