wow NEK colors coming on strong

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

From_the_NEK

Re: wow NEK colors coming on strong

Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:46 pm

Way to work around the limitations of internet connection. Your pictures from the drive look very bright.

Aspen

Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:02 pm

Carol and all others sharing Foliage updates, thank you! Carol, Wentworth and NEK your pictures and reports are so encouraging! Folks please post more pictures as the colors unfold on your journeys throughout Vermont. Share updates for those of us, following on this Scenes of Vermont Foliage Forum, the beauty you capture with your cameras and the exciting experiences of your just being there! Very painful for quite a few of us who keep up with the Scenes of Vermont to be so distant and unable to be there. Very happy reports and pictures convey this looks like an outstanding Foliage year for Vermont! Wish everyone a beautiful and colorful experience in Vermont.
To the contrary to any well wishes of "Wish you were here"! Know there are many who will join me in saying,
"Wish we were there!"

Aspen

ctyanky
Board Admin

Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:06 pm

Carol: I am wondering if you are going to be able to sleep tonight knowing the grand weekend that awaits you with weather and foliage in perfect harmony! And then a week with your camera club in the same! Keep the reports coming so I can enjoy the NEK along with you! Your foliage sistah, CT

minnesotaman

Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:05 pm

Good color on the Kanc today. Quite a bit more red than most years. About 60% color in Sugar Hill/Franconia. Quite a bit of red, but perhaps five days to peak.
Kancamagus Sept 26.jpg
Kancamagus Sept 26.jpg (62.71 KiB) Viewed 12775 times

Utah Baker

Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:17 pm

Aspen wrote:Carol and all others sharing Foliage updates, thank you! Carol, Wentworth and NEK your pictures and reports are so encouraging! Folks please post more pictures as the colors unfold on your journeys throughout Vermont. Share updates for those of us, following on this Scenes of Vermont Foliage Forum, the beauty you capture with your cameras and the exciting experiences of your just being there! Very painful for quite a few of us who keep up with the Scenes of Vermont to be so distant and unable to be there. Very happy reports and pictures convey this looks like an outstanding Foliage year for Vermont! Wish everyone a beautiful and colorful experience in Vermont.
To the contrary to any well wishes of "Wish you were here"! Know there are many who will join me in saying,
"Wish we were there!"

Aspen
Very well said, Aspen, my sentiments exactly! Thank you.

From_the_NEK

Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:11 am

Carol, do you have plans to go to Holbrook State Park? I would think it would be amazing this year.

Andy

Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:11 am

Wow. Colors look bright and vivid this year! I though you were going to reserve this condition for 2015!!! :twisted:
Andy

If it sounds too good to be true, its probably . . . .