Oh Geez It's Cold! Leaf Lovers Rejoice! Fall's Come On Fast!

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

ctyanky
Board Admin

Oh Geez It's Cold! Leaf Lovers Rejoice! Fall's Come On Fast!

Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:38 am

This is the earliest I can remember the cold air seeping in! And so fast!!!! 40's here and 30's in the valleys! Our first frost is coming this week and it is not usually in northern CT for another few weeks! It seems like yesterday that it was warm and summery and I was still in shorts and flip flops. :lol: I got my mums yesterday, the fall décor is in full force at my house!

I refuse to put the heat until October! :x In my opinion, I think we are in for an early fall, about a week. Anyone have any thoughts on this up there in the north country?

Anyways, I am off to enjoy a stellar autumn day in the NW hills, apple picking, hay riding and back road tours. I'm going to a very special place in the country to get my pumpkin whoopie pies and apple dumplings at the orchard.

I'm off to Chester, VT on Saturday to enjoy the Chester Foliage Festival on the Green! Hoping to meet up with our forum member bvahjen from Chester! A not to be missed fall festival! I hope to stop at the Vermont Country Store in Rockingham (route 103) on the way up to satisfy the shopping fix too. It's not as crowded as the flagship store in Weston and the parking is great. :)

http://chesterfallfestival.org/

Time for the fleece to come out from hiding! :wink:
CT - Board Admin and Moderator for Scenes of Vermont
Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot