Quiet

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

Andy

Quiet

Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:30 pm

Things are awfully quiet around here for the first weekend in September! I have this bag of all new equipment and I, for one, am looking forward to getting out somewhere and "exercising it. We will be in the SF Bay area again the first weekend in October.
Andy

If it sounds too good to be true, its probably . . . .

jcmaxwell37

Re: Quiet

Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:57 am

Hi there,
I have a plan to go hunting for foliage in first week of Oct.
Maybe I will annoy you all for sometime.

Cheers,
JC
JC

courtmel

Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:06 pm

Hi All-Where is everybody? Let's get this forum hopping!!! I read each and every post. Don't be shy, post whatever you want to post. Ask whatever questions you want to ask. This is a very helpful and friendly forum of like minded foliage lovers. Post away. :D :) :D
autumn leaf

Utah Baker

Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:59 pm

Can't speak for the New England area, but just got back from driving from Utah to Tenn., and saw lots of signs that fall is on the way. Along the roads sides sumac. burning bush and maples turning red! The humidity and heat were absolutely awful towards the end of last week, hope it passes quickly for ya'all! It was great to get off the airplane to our cool dry mountain air! :mrgreen: Looking forward to your reports and a great autumn season......wish I could be there oh so much!

snowboarder

Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:38 pm

Hi, I'm new, I'm planning to come to Vermont soon :D
Have two options, Sept 20th-28th and Sept 26th-Oct 4th. I guess 2nd option is better.
Will stay in St Johnsbury and tour around. The only goal - photography.
Saved all your suggestions as far as where to go, thanks guys! Can't wait.

Andrew

a little portfolio of my pics can be seen here:
http://500px.com/lenticulartravel

jcmaxwell37

Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:13 am

Dear all,
I'm enjoy browsing a ton of infos in this forum. Personally I have a strong interest in covered bridge cause we don't have it our country. Shooting covered bridge along with foliage in a clear blue sky is like a dream!

As this is not my tread so after I have enough questions then I will post a new thread. Thanks in advance for your help. :)
Now my schedule:
5 Oct arrive at JFK airport then rent a car
5-12 Oct hunting for foliage and covered bridge, in Vermont, New England area
13-17 Oct go to New york for some work and meeting, small time for foliage in NY

(I will start my own thread soon :)

Cheers,
JC
JC

BlueSky

Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:31 am

Hi everybody, another newbie here. My photographer buddy and I will be staying in Montpelier from Sept 30- oct 9, so I'll be checking in a lot with reports and questions as we drive around. Already have gotten so much useful information from this site so wanted to say "Thank You!"

Snowboarder Andrew, are you from California too? Love you images and we have similar taste in photo locations!

Susan

autzig

Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:52 am

This forum may seem quiet but it is only quiet in postings. I replied to one of CT's posts a couple of weeks ago and included a link to my updated website. My site tracks visitors and where they came from so I know when someone visited my site by clicking on the link in that post. Not surprisingly, there were visitors from Vermont and Connecticut but I have had visitors from all over including California, Texas, Florida, Virginia, Nebraska, Ohio and others. I've also had hits from Germany and The Netherlands. Those are visitors to my site from the SOV forum. I'm sure that most don't come to my site.

I've not been here because I've been in Alaska. Unfortunately, our trip was cut short because my wife broke her ankle while hiking in Denali NP. She had surgery yesterday and all went well. I'll be posting some of my Alaska photos on my site in the next few days. CT, I know you desperately want to see a moose. We saw several of them in Alaska and I will post photos of a huge bull moose, a cow and even a calf. Here's the link to my site: http://www.goldimagesphoto.com

I've updated my site with my new Alaska images. For those who are interested here's the link: http://www.goldimagesphoto.com/Portfolio/New/

Al

Utah Baker

Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:08 pm

A big "Welcome!" to all the newbies, it's great to have you here and participate, and too those out there hanging back, jump on in the waters fine.

Snowboarder Andrew, your pictures are stunning, can't wait to see what you'll find in Vermont! I've come early and late and there is always something to see somewhere. Although I think the last week of Sept. First week of Oct. are prime time.

Dearest Al, your photos of Alaska don't dissapoint! An exceptional treat for the eyes as always. Looks like you got a jump on your Autumn feasting, with it beginning in Alaska in Aug. My particular favorite is the first reflection pond, such an array of beautiful colors! Love it, also the 3D shot. And you certainly saw your share of wildlife. So sorry to hear of your wife's accident, our best that she'll have a complete recovery. That's three now from the forum, let's hope we're done.

exgem54

Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:45 am

great pics autzig, especially the Fall one--you're an excellent photographer--