Autumn in New England - Pics

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

Utah Baker

Autumn in New England - Pics

Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:32 pm

Last edited by Utah Baker on Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.

DCE Nebraska

Re: Autumn in New England - Pics

Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:15 pm

I was there from Oct 6 to Oct 10. What dates did you take those pictures and where. Too much foliage in the north came early and was about gone when I was there. You had some good pictures and I am sure you were there earlier than me. Even Peachum or the Jenny Farm was past peak when I was there. Southern Vermont was the best. You did an excellent job.

Utah Baker

Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:31 am

Hi, DCE! We were there from Oct. 5th tru the 18th. We spent the first week in an around Bartlett, NH and just crossing the border into Maine. We drove up to Smugglers in the dark on Sun. The 13th, and I wasn't really expecting much, but I was surprized the next morning to be greeted with so much color in and around the resort, the mountain tops were gone, but everything else was gorgeous! If you click on the individual pics it will give you date and location. Thanks for your generous comments! :D

autzig

Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:44 am

Janice, you had some nice color when you were in Vermont and you got some nice photos too. I'm happy for you that you had some sunny days.

We've had the strangest autumn here in Minnesota. Some trees are well past peak and others have just started to turn. Unfortunately for us, fall has ended, at least weather wise...measurable snow in northern Minnesota this weekend and I had a little on my deck this morning. Highs this week may make it to the low 40s here in the Twin Cities.

You probably know that CT arranged a meet and greet for the folks on this forum in 2010. We got together in the NE Kingdom. We went to Lewis Pond together, ate pizza at Carol's house and she took us to some great photo spots near Barton early the next morning. We had a great time. We agreed that we would get together in five years for a reunion. As you do your long range planning, keep our meet-up in mind for 2015. Andy and I will be there as well as CT, Phil, Carol and others.

How about posting one of you photos on the photo forum? We need something to comment on and to keep that forum active. You can count on Andy to tell you that your photos are under saturated and I'll tell you they are over saturated but who knows, maybe we will tell you something that will actually be helpful.

PS: Just noticed that Andy and Carol mentioned the reunion in the thread about the government shutdown.

Al

Andy

Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:28 pm

Al: as you perhaps now know, it will be the George Camp memorial Reunion. I second Al's suggestion that you post one (or more) of your images on the Pbotography forum.
Andy

If it sounds too good to be true, its probably . . . .

Utah Baker

Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:17 pm

Al, the weather here sine I got home has been stunning! Beautiful clear blue October skies, temps in the upper 60"s. The color on the mountains is gone but the valley is just coming past peak. With the mountains capped with snow from storms a week ago, blue skies and the trees in the valley it is quiet a sight! But with snow in the forcast for the beginning of next week, this too will pass, look out trick or treaters, it could be a cold one!

I definitely want to plan to attend the reunion in 2015, would love to put faces with all the wonderful people I've met here. I need to sit down and put some thought into what photos to post of the photography forum, I can think of one right off I would like some help on. Thanks!

Andy

Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:35 pm

Utah: Nice first image post on the photo forum. I don't think you need as much "help" as you might think. See my comments over there
Andy

If it sounds too good to be true, its probably . . . .

Utah Baker

Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:36 pm

I have forgotten to check back over here. Thanks for all the very nice comments! :D I' m trying to decide what next to post on the photog forum, it's been great fun and very informative, jump in the waters fine!