SouthEast VT 10/9/13 Report/Pics

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

markm

SouthEast VT 10/9/13 Report/Pics

Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:47 pm

Hi All,
I ended up at the South Eastern portion of VT today with my girlfriend on a long day trip. We headed up 91N to Dummerston and checked out Scott Farm Orchard. Nice location and a nice variety of apples to purchase. There were other farm grown products to choose from like small pumpkins and flowers. From there we headed West on East-West Rd until we came upon the Dummerston Covered Bridge at the intersection of RT 30. From there we headed 30N to left onto Williamsville Rd toward the Williamsville Covered Bridge.
From there we headed South onto Auger Hole Rd, (South Newfane to Marlboro) until we hit Rt 9. From there we took Rt 9 East back towards Brattleboro and back Rt 91 S to home. Colors were nice with some hills still showing green. Whatever leaf drop I noticed seemed to be the early maples and white birch. I'm optimistic for this area for the upcoming days leading to the weekend if the weather cooperates. I attached some pics to give you an idea of what the area can be like.

markm

Re: SouthEast VT 10/9/13 Report/Pics

Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:49 am

Thanks Carol! I hope the color lasted for the other visitors.
This was the only Fall foliage trip to VT this year for us, although we had a few days in the Woodstock area in late May. Timing wasn't right for more this year.
Maybe more time next year?
It's always nice to see other people on here share their experiences.
Thanks to everyone (moderators and members) for all the foliage reports and feedback on this forum.