Weather & leaf peeping Killington Oct 9-12???

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

courtmel

Weather & leaf peeping Killington Oct 9-12???

Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:18 pm

Hi All,

I do it every year I get the opportunity to pay homage to the foliage goddesses. You would think I would have learned by now to plan to visit the last week of September. It sounds like it is a great year. Hubby & I will be visiting Killington area Oct 9-12. I am worried about the rain :cry: and waning foliage :cry: :cry: . I know all the best members of the SOV will weigh in and direct me to where I may find foliage and hopefully sunny, clear skies. Any thoughts are welcome...

courtmel
autumn leaf

Jacky CW

Re: Weather & leaf peeping Killington Oct 9-12???

Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:39 pm

There should be thundestrom around this weekend due to effect of tropical Strom in the Gulf of Maxico as the weather forecast reported. I'm afraid so. I will be there in Oct 8-10.

pwt54

Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:40 am

We may be hit with high winds on Monday. If so, the leaves will blown off north of route US 4. I'd look to southeast or southwest VT for color. I'm going to do a post on routes 133 and 140 in a few minutes. Check it out.

courtmel

Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:00 am

As always, you guys are great! Thanks for your input. I swear I am never, ever going to put off Vermont until 2nd week of October. Maybe years ago that was the time to go but with the climate changing I believe our leaves our turning earlier. It's beautiful here in CT right now. Gosh, I remember years ago while coming up in October it would be nice and chilly with even a few snow flurries. I am hoping for a white winter though. Can anyone suggest a good place to get a late lunch/early dinner in the Killington area or on a route we should be taking to see what might be pretty? We love the Rochester Diner and of course Sugar & Spice for breakfast but are always at a loss for a good diner. Any thoughts....

suebot in CT
autumn leaf