Noyes and Belvidere pond, Hazen's notch...all great on Oct 2

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

orenphotography

Noyes and Belvidere pond, Hazen's notch...all great on Oct 2

Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:48 am

Got home late last night from a 700 mile 36 hour trip up and back to Vermont. Started at Seyon State Park where I stayed at the lodge thanks to a last minute Google search and phone call. Can't beat the location, great price, really nice people.

Sunset at Noyes was disappointing and I wondered about the color. Ended up shooting the Milky Way with two other photographers and it was an incredible experience. Morning at Noyes was MUCH better - it's all about the light (and a hint of fog didn't hurt). From there I headed on 302 to Montpelier then up 12 to Morrisville. Stopped at Elmore Pond along the way - great color there. Then it was up 100 to Lowell and via Hazen's notch road to Belvidere Pond (think I got that right).

The light was crazy all day with great big clouds (weather called for clear blue so glad they were wrong). Still working on pix but here is iPhone panorama of Belvidere pond from 10/2:

pwt54

Re: Noyes and Belvidere pond, Hazen's notch...all great on O

Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:15 am

Belvidere Pond is "Officially" called Long Pond. Nobody else calls it Long Pond. I asked one of them about it and he said the the pond was in Eden and not Belvidere. I said the Belvidere Mountain was in Lowell, so why didn't they call it Long Mountain. I got a glazed look from him. :lol: