Mad River Glen Single Chair Lift on a Top Ten Day!

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

ctyanky
Board Admin

Mad River Glen Single Chair Lift on a Top Ten Day!

Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:01 pm

Hi everyone: Today was my "day alone" in the 10 days I am here. What a perfect day with cloudless skies, a few puffy white clouds and temps in the 70's. I headed out to Mad River Glen to take their foliage lift ride around 11:00 a.m. This is a real experience to be out there in the open on a slow and relaxing journey up the mountain with color all around. It is a true way to commune with nature as it is just you breathing in the fresh air and taking in the incredible views. It is a spiritual feeling - the ride is pretty slow, soothing, relaxing and a visual wonder. It is very different going solo as opposed to being in a gondola or tram with other people.

The views at the top are amazing! I walked around and just couldn't believe the endless cascades of mountains one after the other. This is my second season on the single chair lift. It's always different and wonderful.

If you are in the Mad River Valley next weekend, their Green and Gold Weekend is the 5th and 6th. The chicken BBQ is Sunday the 6th and I think there is entertainment as well. It should be really peaked by then. Just go! You can bring a lunch to eat at the summit at the picnic tables or walk around the clearings and pick a spot to enjoy the views! You will be so glad you did! The price is $10.00.

P.S. I couldn't resist the 1/2 off the already clearance prices on some winter ski hats. :P Just sayin'........