Off VT Topic: Very early color coming on in Northern CT....

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

ctyanky
Board Admin

Off VT Topic: Very early color coming on in Northern CT....

Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:32 pm

I know this is a VT forum but I spent the day up in northern CT in the NW corner and North Central areas. Leaf change is coming on earlier than I can remember, about a week, and it is also very uniformly spread throughout. Last night was very cold up there and I think that tonight, being even colder, is going to move things along a tad earlier this year. So not sure how Vermont will do after this weekend's cold snap and would anxiously await news from our VTers on how things are progressing up there!

Didn't see any blazing reds yet but most trees are now dulled with tops showing yellow and light gold - the marshy areas are very colorful! This coming week promises cool nights and bright sunny days and dry weather, so after next weekend, the end of the 3rd week in September, it might be a good time to make some assumptions about our upcoming foliage season!

It was quite chilly, breezy with intermittent ominous skies and if today didn't scream AUTUMN, I don't know what will! :)