Autumn Scenes from the Northeast Kingdom

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

ixl

Autumn Scenes from the Northeast Kingdom

Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:31 pm

Hey everyone,

On the urging of various family and friends -- and as promised here in an earlier thread -- I've set aside my "must process photos in chronological order" OCD and started work on images from my most recent photo trek to Vermont's Northeast Kingdom. I'll be processing these in batches and uploading them over the next few weeks.

There will probably will end up being over a hundred in total, so check back regularly!

http://desktopscenes.com/Autumn_Scenes_ ... /index.htm

Best,

Charles
Charles Kozierok - DesktopScenes.com

View Autumn Scenes from Southern Vermont (2003), my free, 75-image foliage gallery!

ctyanky
Board Admin

Re: Autumn Scenes from the Northeast Kingdom

Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:31 pm

Beautiful pictures Charles! Seems like so long ago we were in Vermont enjoying the fall foliage. I am certainly looking forward to more pictures as you upload them. Great job! :wink:

Utah Baker

Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:39 am

Charles, thanks for the oh so beautiful reminder of what we enjoyed just a few weeks ago, especially after just receiving two feet of snow over the weekend! Looking forward to more! :)

ixl

Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:58 pm

Thanks. Those aren't really the good shots from the trip, I'll have more soon. :)

View Autumn Scenes from Southern Vermont (2003), my free, 75-image foliage gallery!

ixl

Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:54 am

I've just completed processing and uploading all of the images from my magical morning at the Lewis Pond Overlook. They're at the same links in the first post of this thread.. hope you like them.

deaner1971

Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:31 am

Absolutely great! So great it ALMOST puts me off shooting the overlook as those are pretty darned near perfect and my paltry efforts will pale in comparison (still gonna shoot it because I just want to take all of that beauty in, in person). Great balance between the sky and land as far as equal exposure. The stars peaking through the cloud are really nice too.

Wow, thank for sharing!

ctyanky
Board Admin

Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:12 pm

Hi Charles: I have to echo Even Dean. WOW WOW WOW. These have got to be the finest set of photos from Lewis Pond I've ever seen. I don't think there is anything out there that can rival them. You had such a special time there and your photos shout it loud and clear.

Folks, you really have to experience not only the anticipatory, long ride into the Nulhegan Basin to Lewis Pond but to be there at the Overlook is beyond words. Charles has captured the most amazing scenic, in my opinion, in the state of Vermont, in the various views of the mountains and pond. No wonder Charles, that you could not stop shooting. Endless cascades of mountains, unimaginable beauty that renders you speechless when you step up to the concrete wall facing Lewis Pond and what lies before you. If you are in Vermont in autumn, go to Lewis Pond. It is a trip of a lifetime in Vermont, one that you will never forget.

Congratulations Charles! You are one talented photographer! I know I will look at these photos many times over! :D

ixl

Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:30 pm

Thanks to all of you, much appreciated. :) The night actually started out really frustrating -- many of you remember what the weather was like in early October. But it worked out well.

Dean, definitely go, you never know what you may find! And as they say, even if an area has been shot a zillion times, that doesn't mean you can't get your own take on it!

Utah Baker

Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:10 pm

Dear Charles, thanks for allowing me to get lost in beautiful Vermont once more. These are absolutely stunning! I will definitly return to these many times whenever I need a "fix" or just a place to dream.

ixl

Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:00 am

Thanks so much Utah. :)

I just finished processing all of the images from my first full day of shooting in the NEK. Now 80 photos online.

http://desktopscenes.com/Autumn_Scenes_ ... /index.htm

http://charles-kozierok.artistwebsites. ... -+2012/all

Aspen

Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:11 pm

Charles, I really enjoyed viewing your "Autumn Scenes from the Northeast Kingdom" pictures.
"Your pictures speak a thousand words!" Will frequently be revisiting your gallery.
So happy you were in Vermont at "the right places and at the right time" to experience and capture pictures of scenes of such rare and beautiful, peak foliage! Congratulations!
Thanks for sharing your beautiful pictures.

Aspen

ixl

Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:41 pm

Thanks so much, Aspen!

Just finished my second full day of photos, now 114 online.

ctyanky
Board Admin

Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:01 pm

Hi Charles: I love all your new additions to the website. As I click on the photos, each one gets even more gorgeous than the previous one! What a great job you have done here and I am sure to go back and look at these time and time again. I was thrilled to spend a day with you last fall, you are so talented and so much fun to tool around with in Vermont! I can't believe you went on Radar Road! That has to be the scariest road I've ever been on in Vermont! Of course Phil tries to make things scary for me anyways, but this road takes the cake! I made him turn around at the second bridge and glad you felt the same. :shock: I've recognized quite a few of the shots you have taken from our tour.

I'm so looking forward to spending another day with you next autumn! Again, you have done a wonderful job here Charles and kudos to you for taking the time to share with all of us on the foliage forum! :wink:

ixl

Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:55 am

Thanks a lot CT. :)

I just finished day three. This was the day you and I spent together. Not a lot of shots (about 20) but some that should bring back some memories. :)

ixl

Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:04 pm

For those still following along, I have finally completed this SceneSet. I ended up with 162 images!

Again, you can see them all on my site here: http://desktopscenes.com/Autumn_Scenes_ ... /index.htm

Or see them on my print-on-demand site: http://charles-kozierok.artistwebsites. ... -+2012/all

Thanks for those who have provided feedback and encouragement!