My Bags Are Packed And I'm Outa Here Soon!!!!

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

ctyanky
Board Admin

My Bags Are Packed And I'm Outa Here Soon!!!!

Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:30 pm

I want to wish everyone a wonderful and glorious 2012 foliage season in the Great State of Vermont. I'm leaving early in the morning for my 10 day extravaganza!

Whatever you are seeking (fun and adventure, peace and solitude, peak color and sparkling autumn leaves, quiet meanderings on a dirt back road, a vacation with family, happy times with friends - old and new, a first time Vermont foliage experience or just a plain last minute get-a-way), rest assured, you will find it in Vermont :!:

May the foliage and weather Gods bless you this 2012 season with their best yet. Have a safe journey and enjoy every moment you are in Vermont.

A quote from Carol (abby) says it all.

"Vermont, It's All I Need". :D
CT - Board Admin and Moderator for Scenes of Vermont
Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot

Utah Baker

Re: My Bags Are Packed And I'm Outa Here Soon!!!!

Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:41 pm

Have an absolutely wonderful trip CT, I know you'll have a great time. Looking forward to hearing your tales of adventure. Thanks for the good wishes to all on their travels, may I add mine as well. Can't wait!!! :D

ctyanky
Board Admin

Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:14 am

Thanks Carol and Janice! I got up at 4 and couldn't get back to sleep! :roll: Thought of more things I forgot to pack!!!! :shock:

Enjoy your trips both of you, and Carol, see you in Killington! Janice, I hope we meet up someday in Vermont!

Charles: If it doesn't rain Sunday, we hope to come see you and do the Skyline Drive and the reservoirs......

Adios! On my way in a couple of hours! :D

courtmel

Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:20 am

CT-Wishing you safe travels and Godspeed. We are heading up next Wednesday and heading home late Friday. Had a big expensive car problem that is putting a damper on my favorite time of the year! :( :( :( Well, at least 3 days are better than nothing. We are staying in Killington so I hope to at least see some nice color. I really need a spiritual lift and autumn usually does that for me. :D :D :D Another place I haven't seen mentioned on this site much is the Rochester Cafe. They make the best Corn Chowder. It is a lovely and reasonable place to have either breakfast or lunch. I also love Sugar and Spice for breakfast but after trying Polly's Pancakes last year I think I found better blueberry pancakes. Polly's rocks!!! Savor the days we get to spend up in God's country.

suebot in CT
autumn leaf

WXMAN76

Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:11 am

CT - Best wishes on a safe and uneventful journey. Audrey and I are leaving Sunday for Roanoke Virginia then into Mass on Monday.
The trip costs enough to just get up there! Will make at least 1 day trip to the North Country, hopefully on October 4th. May everyone travelling be blessed with safe travel!