PreSeason Meetup! -CELEBRATE VERMONT FEST- 8/23, 24, 25, 26!

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

ctyanky
Board Admin

PreSeason Meetup! -CELEBRATE VERMONT FEST- 8/23, 24, 25, 26!

Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:05 pm

http://celebratevermontfestival.com/

The way the weather has been going, I feel like summer is around the corner (yes, upper 60's coming next week, WXMAN has it in his latest forecast) and I am on a roll! I think I may just get the beach umbrella and blanket out for next weekend! (Sorry new snow shovel).... :lol:

This website just came out and Phil and I were talking about a great meetup for this Stowe event! It looks wonderful and we are trying to plan our meetups for either June, July or August. We've already done the cow parade in Brattleboro a couple of times in June, and maybe we can revisit our kayaking/canoeing excursion going for July in southern VT on Somerset Reservoir.

The schedules on the site are not up and running yet - but lots of good information and photos abound.

I'm hoping to stay for the weekend in Jeffersonville and eat at this new (well 2009 opening) breakfast/lunch place that was written up in the new issue of Yankee Magazine - http://www.themixcafevt.com/

The menu for breakfast looks so good I'm tempted to drive up there now! Check it out! It's on Church Street.

This festival looks like diverse, fun-filled, informational and great for families who are looking for a Vermont weekend this summer.

Hope this pans out and you can go! Let's keep it on the back burner for August!

(I think we may just have a brief spring and a long summer so get out the sun tan lotion now!) HE HE!
CT - Board Admin and Moderator for Scenes of Vermont
Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot