Trip report and photos - Craftsbury area 10/2 - 10/8

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

faxmachineanthem

Trip report and photos - Craftsbury area 10/2 - 10/8

Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:20 pm

We stayed in a cottage on Albany Road in Craftsbury this year and had a great time. (Nice place and reasonable price -- vermontvacationcottage.com if you're interested.) I loved this area. It seems like you can't make a bad turn. Seemingly every road has great views to the east and west. There's a lot of farms, which not only make a great photo subjects themselves, but also means there's a lot of clearings where your views aren't blocked by trees. Most of these images are from this area -- Craftsbury, Greensboro, Glover, Barton.

As others have mentioned it was another strange year for the foliage. It was definitely better than last year, when a tropical storm came through right before peak. But still too much rain and wind kept large areas pretty bland. But there were pockets of really nice color, primarily I noticed from Barton north to Island Pond, south to Lyndonville. After two so-so years, hopefully we're due for a great one next year. :D

1 - May Pond Rd, Barton
2 My daugher, Rt 58, Irasburg
3 - Obligitory Owls' Head shot -- this one at sunset. Was a little nervous they'd lock the gate before I got out -- it closes at "dusk". :D
4 Andersonville Rd, Craftsbury (I think)
5 Beach Hill Road, Glover, VT
6 macro -- got a couple good frosts mid week
7 Beach Hill Road, Glover, VT
8 Caspian Lake, Greensboro, VT
9 Hartwell Pond, Albany, VT
10 Gebbie Road, Greensboro, VT
11 Caspian Lake, Greensboro, VT