Waitsfield 10/6/11

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

ctyanky
Board Admin

Re: Waitsfield 10/6/11

Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:25 am

bm: thank you so much for picking me up on what was our last day of travel together. :cry: :cry: :cry: I will miss you and your daughter so much but am looking forward to our Stowe summer weekend 2012 kayaking and boating and hiking. Of course, your annual summer trip to CT to get some of the "city life" as you call it! Then I can take you around my area too!

Yes folks, Roxbury Mtn. Road is a must for long views! It is especially dramatic coming from Roxbury to Warren. This way you can see the grand view coming down into town instead of looking behind your back. Route 12a still closed so that's what we did. I got a ton of beautiful cow photos with foliage in the background near the base. Common Road is beautiful and I will go there this morning to take in the views.

It seems as bm has mentioned, that color is coming here but oh is it late. The hills are alive but not bursting and with this cold weather, I expect Waitsfield to be popping by Columbus Day and the full week following.

It's a great town. I love it here and will call it my home base for next year as well.

Thanks bm for everything. You are the best and I will miss you!!!!! :wink: