I'm going to NH today (gasp) with the King!

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

ctyanky
Board Admin

I'm going to NH today (gasp) with the King!

Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:37 am

Hi everyone! Today Phil and I are going to NH!!!! I'm so excited! We are going to Sugar Hill (never been there) and to Polly's Pancakes (never been there either :roll: ) and who knows where else. I got a fabulous night of rest and am raring to go!!!! I'm hoping that the showers predicted will not happen. The weather has been wretched but I'm still having a blast each day with Phil and/or bm. We are not wasting a single minute of enjoying Vermont!

So, can everyone keep their fingers crossed that I see a moose today? Phil does not want to be exiled to NJ. He reallllly wants to go to Florida the end of October. :P

I know there is a moose out there waiting for me and I realllllllllly don't want to go back to Currier's. :shock:

Have a great day everyone!!!! :lol:

courtmel

Re: I'm going to NH today (gasp) with the King!

Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:44 pm

ctyanky & pwt-

You must tell me all about your day in (gasp) NH! You know that is where I am headed Wednesday. What did you have to eat at Polly's? Was the wait long? What time did you arrive? Where did you see the best color? What other must sees did you visit? How was the foliage in NH? I am dying to hear all about your day.

suebot in CT :D :D
autumn leaf

ctyanky
Board Admin

Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:57 pm

You should check out Phil's report on NH entitled "Foliasm on the Kanc". You may have a pre-foliasm of your own by just reading it!!!!! :lol:

Anyways, we got to Polly's Pancakes around 12:30 ish I think and we got seated right away with a table right at the window!!! I was thrilled to death! What views! Driving up there Phil forgot to add the color around Orange Heights was incredible. I wanted to find a road near the mountain to see them up close but Phil was on a mission.

The Kanc was outstanding. Bretton Woods unbelievable. REDS REDS REDS. Eye-popping experience! The scene behind the Mt. Washington Resort was incredible, the sun came out on the mountain adjacent to it. No words to describe the colors. Go to NH now!

pwt54

Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:15 pm

Somebody's stiil having "ASMS". :roll:

courtmel

Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:31 am

OH ctyanky YOU MADE MY DAY! After reading all the dismal reports about early and dull color in VT I was feeling a little anxious about our trip. I look forward to this trip all year. I hope NH :wink: is everything you wrote and more. I can't wait to get up there! I look forward to your posts every single day. Sounds like you and Phil are having a fantastic time! Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy... :D :D :D

suebot in CT
autumn leaf

RIMHfire

Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:38 am

I'm really glad people talk about NH on here. This is the best forum for foliage, and I'm glad to see it's not limited to VT. I'm always up for new adventures, both in VT and it's upside-down neighbor.

WXMAN76

Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:52 pm

I always thought that Vermont was the upside down one! ROFL. Anyways I was born and raised in NH. i like to call them the twin states. Went to college in VT so the both have special places in my heart. i will have a lot of updating on color starting thursday through sunday as I will be among the leaf peepers!

ctyanky
Board Admin

Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:12 pm

Hi WXMAN: You are going to have super weather! Good for you! Rescheduling your excursion up here really worked out didn't it? Today turned out a lot better than we expected in Killington and the sun was in and out and only an occasional, short-lived sprinkle! Have a safe trip up! Looking forward to your reports and pictures!!!!

P.S. I love NH!!!! I don't care if my ashes are spread here and not in VT. I won't know at that point! :lol:

pwt54

Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:42 pm

Although this is a foliage forum in Vermont, we foliage fanatics are wild about FOLIAGE no matter which sorry state it's in ! :lol:

WXMAN76

Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:26 pm

We have not been lucky here in Eastern Mass. Overnight and today we have had as much as 6 inches of rain. Lots of local flooding. No sun here. Glad you had better weather up there. That weather is ours tomorrow. Thank the Lord that this system is moving away from us. Totally can't wait to be up North again, but first I need to close up my greenhouse, we may have a touch of frost even here at the coast later this week.

ctyanky
Board Admin

Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:36 am

Yikes WXMAN: that is a lot of rain! Don't worry you will have the best of the best when you get here!!!! Going to be in the 20's tonight here in VT! Have a safe trip!