Finding a bit of "Vermont Heaven"

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

Utah Baker

Finding a bit of "Vermont Heaven"

Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:29 am

First of all let me say how much I have enjoyed reading all the post this morning of the CT Hurricane adventure, and E pictures! I am grinning from ear to ear. I could almost smell the Cold Hollow Cider Mill from here! :) Here are a few suggestions for those of us that can't be there. I usually go to the shipping desk (I'll be ordering over the phone this year!) and send home two gallons of cider and two dozen donuts to be eaten at our annual family Halloween party. When they arrive I put then directly into the freezer. The week before they are to be consumed I let the cider defrost in the fridge, the donuts I pull out the morning of. Party time I'll put the donuts, single layer on a cookie sheet, cover with parch paper and place in a 200 degree oven until just warmed thru, they taste fresh from the mill! In the mean time I am scheming on trying the recipe for cider donuts in the fall issue of Yankee Magazine, and an attemp to make some homemade ice cream with my Vermont maple syrup. Hey, ya gotta do what ya gotta do!

My point is, for those of us who can't go this year, for those who can, and for those still planning and dreaming of a Vermont trip in the future, find time to enjoy this most wonderful of seasons where ever you are! Hey, go roll in some leaves! :D