Looking for a new base...

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

Utah Baker

Re: Looking for a new base...

Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:12 pm

Hi Sue,

Gosh, I wish I could remember where it was or the name of the resturaunt,it has been some years back, maybe someone here can help me. It was on the Vermont side, we stopped for dinner one night, I remember the east side was lined with big windows over looking the river. The atmosphere was great as was the meal. I have thought about it often since, but the cobwebs persist! :lol: I'll have to get out the map and study it, see if I can remember anything. The colors here are starting to pop as well, oh how I wish I could be there, eat plenty of maple creemies, cider donuts, and cider for me!

courtmel

Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:02 am

Thanks all-

I can't wait to eat a few (dozen that is) cider donuts! Who has the best?? Also will try the Miss Lyndonville diner.

suebot in CT :) :D :) :D
autumn leaf

pwt54

Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:17 am

A DOZEN CIDER DONUTS ? !! :shock: You'll have to haul a portapotty around with you ! :!: Cold Hollow Cidermill on Rt. 100 in Waterbury Center makes them. I'm not sure who makes them in NH. They may have them at the Bath Country Store or maybe at the country store on route 117 in Sugar Hill. Both are " must do's" if you are staying in Littleton. If you look up the definition of vacation, you won't find the word diet anywhere. :lol: