Bennington update

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

ixl

Bennington update

Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:32 am

This has been a washout of a foliage season for me personally as I've been unable to travel at all.. but I can at least keep you posted on happenings around here.

Color is coming on pretty strong... though there's still plenty of green. We should have color for another couple of weeks for the "latecomers".

Color so far is mediocre. Not really great, but not awful either. There are some nice pockets of reds and yellows.
Charles Kozierok - DesktopScenes.com

View Autumn Scenes from Southern Vermont (2003), my free, 75-image foliage gallery!

lirwin13

Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:28 am

I spent the weekend in Bennington, and found the same conditions. Some nice color up in Manchester/Arlington, and also around Danby. Having never been to Bennington, I didn't know what to expect, but had a great weekend! The colors are a little spotty, but some very nice golds and yellows with a few reds and oranges mixed in. The views from the top of the monument were terrific! Definitely still some time left to see the color in your part of the state! I will try to post some pictures tonight.