Report fro Tunbridge

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

pwt54

Report fro Tunbridge

Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:29 am

Well, I went to the "World's Fair" yesterday and I was surprised at the color change down there. It was already in the early stages on the hill sides. This morning at breakfast I went through some of the Fair Photos from past years and saw early color in those photos also. I guess the change there is earlier than I thought. I'd guess that by next weekend you should see some nice early color down there. Some of the oldtimers I talked to said the color change is normal for down there. This color change was only in the hillsides in the Tunbridge area. The rest of the state is still showing a lot of green leaves.

ctyanky
Board Admin

Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:36 am

Phil: thanks for the update! Hope you got your share of junk food? :P

Some of us are going to Tunbridge mid-week on our tour first week in October and I am looking forward to showing Carol that area.

Heading up to Chester, Ludlow and Weston tomorrow and perhaps will see a bit of color here and there! We are meeting bvahjen from the forum on the town green's gazebo! I spoke with him this morning and he saw some nice color on the way up 91! Can't wait!

faxmachineanthem

Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:03 pm

Phil,
Do you think the NEK will be looking good next weekend? Or will it be a bit early?

pwt54

Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:10 am

I hope to make a run up there this week. I'll post what I see when I get back. There is some early color showing here in Johnson, but it's not as far along as that one area in Tunbridge.

pwt54

Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:20 pm

Hell yes, I enjoyed it. :D It's a great old fashion fair.

MrBumps

Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:54 pm

I am from Tunbridge. Went out today (26th) to bring my new pup grouse hunting, and made a foliage ride out of it also. This is the earliest I have seen this much color in many years. We are at least a week ahead of normal here in Tunbridge. I expect approaching peak by next weekend.

ctyanky
Board Admin

Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:19 pm

Mr. Bumps: I am taking Carol to Turkey Hill Road per your beautiful photos of last year's post. Then we are heading to Chelsea and Tunbridge before we head to Strafford via the Strafford Road.

This won't be until mid-week the first week in October. If you are able, any chance you can report back here on the color in these areas? We'll check the forum next weekend from Carol's laptop before we leave the NEK for Waitsfield.

Let us know if you are still interested in meeting up with us in Tunbridge where we are stopping for a bit for Carol to take some photos.

Looking forward to Turkey Hill Road! Thanks again!