Have You Been to Any of These VT Attractions???

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

ctyanky
Board Admin

Have You Been to Any of These VT Attractions???

Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:58 pm

http://www.vtattractions.org/vermont_attractions.php

In all the years I’ve been traveling to VT, I’ve only been to 13 of these attractions! Have you gone to any of them? If so, can you recommend some and/or describe your experience there to share with SOV forum viewers?

You can click on the “read more” link under each attraction for more information. Also, to the left on the banner, you can get a free map designating the locations of the attractions. Great to bookmark for your fall planning! Moreover, don't we all need a diversion from leaf-peeping here and there? :wink:

Some of my favorites listed have been Morse Farm and Bragg Farm for creemees and great VT gifts galore, The UVM Morgan Horse Farm (awesome family adventure, a sparkling gem of a place), Dakin Farm (bm - moderator - took me there last fall and it’s worth a stop - YUM!), Quechee Gorge and Village, Hildene (gorgeous in autumn - well worth the tour as well!), Cold Hollow Cider Mill - I seem to be a regular there lately (Andy’s uncle’s syrup sold there), Bennington Potters and Basketville (great for shopping and gifts).....

Two of the attractions on the site are on my 2010 Vermont fall foliage itinerary. The Lake Champlain cruise and Jay Peak Tram Ride. I would like to add Boyden Family Winery. It’s only a few minutes from where I am staying and their wine is excellent. So much to do! :shock:

I would love to go to St. Anne’s Shrine (Laura, did you mention this?), VINS Nature Center, Sugarbush Farm (my friend told me the drive in there is gorgeous), Shelburne Farms, King Arthur Flour and the Great Vermont Corn Maze in Danville. These will have to wait for future visits!

Someone on the forum mentioned the Weston Priory and I was surprised it wasn’t listed............

I hope you all enjoy the link and please do get back and post here if you have some experiences at any of the attractions or some tidbits to share with others! The map is worth getting for your Vermont library!
CT - Board Admin and Moderator for Scenes of Vermont
Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot

DCE Nebraska

Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:08 am

CT Yanky -- You had mentioned an attraction you would love to visit. As many times as you have been to Vermont, it is hard to believe that you have not made a stop at King Arthur flour in Norwich. It is a wonderful place to stop not only for the goodies but one can shop for all of the goodies that they can bake themselves.
We would stop on occasion in the morning to have some coffee and a roll but always would purchase a fresh sandwich to snatch on during a day of touring the colors. They added a new building abouit 4 years ago which added much needed space and use the other building for cooking school classes. It is a very worthwhile stop but probably not a good one for weight control. <grin> But it is worth a visit or two. It is located on highway 5 just north of White River Junction or off of Interstate 91 exit to Norwich. Enjoy it this fall or any time of the year.

ctyanky
Board Admin

Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:31 pm

Hi Nebraska! It's great to see you back on the forum! Yes, I have to agree with you. I'm surprised myself that I haven't been to King Arthur Flour, seeing that I've been through WRJ many times. Not only that, I haven't been to hardly any of these attractions listed! I'm going to make it a point to take in 2-3 a season now. There's so much to do in Vermont besides leaf-peeping. I try to combine foliage viewing with various physical activities (hiking, riding, dog-sledding this fall too, etc.) as well as attractions as the link above describes, (don't forget shopping), but there is only so much time in the day. As it is, we are out early and don't get home until dusk....... I often wonder why I spend so much at these inns when I'm hardly ever there! :shock:

Your description of King Arthur sounds very inviting! Weight control is not an option when in Vermont. I personally plan on eating my heart out for 12 glorious days, starting with the inn's bountiful country breakfasts each morning!

Thanks for the response! Hope to see you on the forum more in the near future! Will you be going to VT this season?
CT - Board Admin and Moderator for Scenes of Vermont
Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot