360 degree panoramic of Mt. Mansfield! Wow!

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

ctyanky
Board Admin

360 degree panoramic of Mt. Mansfield! Wow!

Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:04 pm

http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/arti ... GECAROUSEL

From today's Burlington Free Press! Click on the last icon in the row to expand and then twirl around to your heart's content. Can zoom in and out. Enjoy!

P.S. Give it a minute to load! It's worth it!
CT - Board Admin and Moderator for Scenes of Vermont
Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot

rk

Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:45 pm

Thanks for the link. Views are really great.

Aspen

Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:22 pm

Hey Ctyanky, thanks for sharing. This is a neat 360 degree view from the top of Mt. Mansfield without having to walk up there :shock:
Aspen

ctyanky
Board Admin

Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:29 am

Thanks rk and Aspen. I thought it was really fun to use the cursor to move around the mountain! Just a little cloudy when taken but the views were amazing. I'd like to go back up there again. The gondola was fun but didn't go to the very top.
CT - Board Admin and Moderator for Scenes of Vermont
Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot

Andy

Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:55 am

Easiest way to the top is the toll road. The parking lot is a very short walk from the ridge. That, of course, is still not at the summit, but it is all you need for 360 panoramic views and no physical exertion.

Someday, I would like to be up there for a sunrise, but the only way to do that would be to camp up there and there are some very limited opportunities for that (long trail shelters must be reserved. Theres is also a cabin up there -- must also be reserved).
Andy

If it sounds too good to be true, its probably . . . .