Photo of PWT! The One & Only Kingpin of Vermont Roads!

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

ctyanky
Board Admin

Photo of PWT! The One & Only Kingpin of Vermont Roads!

Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:33 pm

This photo was taken of Phil on Friday, October 2nd, 2009 at Belvidere Pond. I think you can tell by his expression that Phil is in his "element"!

Phil gave me permission to post his picture:
CT - Board Admin and Moderator for Scenes of Vermont
Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot

rk

Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:38 pm

Thanks Ctyanki for sharing this pic.

I have no words to describe how much pwt has helped me in last 2 fall trips

Thanks a ton pwt.

carol1946

thanks

Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:26 pm

We took pwt's Jeffersonville and Peacham tours on thurs and had maple creamees at 2 place he suggested. Today we venture off Route 100 and onto some back roads he suggested on our way south. Great views and great creamees. Thanks pwt and thanks for the picture ctyanky.

The other Carol

ctyanky
Board Admin

Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:59 am

rk and other Carol :wink: :

I hope you can meet Phil someday. To me, he is Vermont. He has a heart of gold and goes out of his way to help everyone here with directions as well as strangers as evidenced on the Mt. Equinox Trail during one of our meetups. Although Phil, in person, can sometimes be a man of few words, (except when he sees "red" or when his demeanor was challenged in the car over the reunion weekend :twisted: ) he is a truly one of the most down-to-earth people I have ever met. He is the salt of the earth so to speak.

I consider Phil to be Vermont's Hidden Gem.

Thank you Phil, for all that you do. There are not enough words to express how appreciated you are on this forum. You are indeed, the foliage forum's shining star.

Have a safe trip to Florida. We'll miss you!

P.S. Please try to eat some "healthy" food down there! You need energy for the next reunion just 11 1/2 months away! :P
Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot

pwt54

Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:44 am

That is me and my canon sx10 waiting to pounce on a spot of sunlight breaking through on a ridge.

ctyanky
Board Admin

Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:44 pm

Thanks Carol! As we all know, I am not the greatest picture taker.... :wink:

I was trying to capture the "essence" of Phil in this photo.

Glad you liked it!

DCE Nebraska

Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:33 am

Phil should reciprocate and display a picture of the one who posted his picture. <grin> That would create interest for another good contributor to the forum.

ctyanky
Board Admin

Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:19 am

Phil knows better. :twisted: I would stop feeding him healthy food on his tours.... :wink:

By the way, Phil leaves for Florida a week from Sunday. We'll miss you Phil. Please check in on your laptop once in awhile! :cry:

pwt54

Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:44 am

I'm saving that photo to persuade Ctyanky to put more junk food in her snack bag. :twisted: