Kancamagus

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

PhotoOp

Kancamagus

Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:17 pm

I made a quick day trip Friday and drove Rte302/Kancamagus. The color is very good. At the visitor's station they told me that the foliage was at peak about 90 miles north of the Kanc.

Most of the time it was pretty cloudy. They got some snow on Mt Washington they night before. I am looking forward to a day trip to Vermont next week!

I took a few shots just to show what the color is like in NH and if I post the link correctly, here they are:

Kancamagus Oct 2, 2009

Jack

lirwin13

Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:42 am

Great photos! Thanks for sharing! I would concur that the color seems to be a bit further north than the Kanc still, although with the rain this weekend, I'm sure it will speed up the color change. You managed to capture some great color in your photos!

PhotoOp

Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:33 pm

Thank you lirwin13 and Carol.

I was a little bit early for peak color but I had some free time and decided to take the ride to Lincoln.

I shoot raw so I did a quick conversion and minor pp.

I am hoping to catch good color later this week in the Woodstock area. I am planning a day trip so I can wait out any bad weather and try to time it so that I catch peak color. I'll be watching sov intently!

Jack

wentworth

Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:43 am

nice pics photo op--We saw the snow on Mt. Washington also, first time we ever saw it on the mountain--It was a beautiful sight indeed