Foliage Trip

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

Finnemom

Foliage Trip

Tue Sep 09, 2003 1:18 pm

I know this has been discussed previously in other posts, but I would appreciate any input anyone out there can give me. I am planning a trip with my grandmother for Sept 19-22 to see foliage. Where would be the best places to see some color? We were planning to stay in Burlington but I am wondering if we need to be more north and east.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Foliage Trip

Tue Sep 09, 2003 5:19 pm

. I am planning a trip with my grandmother for Sept 19-22 to see foliage.. [/QB]
You could not be arriving at a better time! Just follow the reports here or on foliage-vermont to find the best color.

pwt54

Thu Sep 11, 2003 5:59 am

Northeast Vermont should be peak. Also, the area east of Route 100 and between US 2 and US 4 should near peak. Route 100 itself should be near peak from US 4 north. One trip I like is; route 100 north from Waterbury to route 58 east in Lowell. Take rt. 58 east all the way to rt. 5a. Turn right and check out Lake Willoughby. Take rt. 5a down to the bottom of the lake and turn around and drive back to the top. Take rt. 16 to Barton and continue rt. 16 south to route 15. Turn right and take rt. 15 west to Hardwick. From there you can either take rt. 14 south to rt. US 2 and then to I-89 to Burlington, or route 15 west all the way to I-89 in Winooski.

I lovevermont

Fri Sep 12, 2003 2:14 pm

I agree with Lake Willoughby. It will be a wonder to see this Granite Swiss lake all a bloomed with color,.The hiking trails are managed by the State and the water falls are beautiful.
Burke Mountain and the little town of East Burke also has a great auto road.
Not far froom there is the largest lake entirely in Vermont at Lake Seymour. The water is so clean there you can see the bottom and hear the 6-8 loons they now have residing. It has the claim of one of the few lakes withot milifoil and it too is surrounded by Mt. Elan.
Lodging is real reasonable in Morgan and they now have 2 great country stores which them themselves are fun to poke in. At Seymour Lake Lodge they have boats on the waterfront that guests use .

All three of these are great. Canada is only 10 miles from Morgan. Another fun trip. Enjoy!!