Long weekend NYC to Vermont- foliage tour smaller remote

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

Remi

Long weekend NYC to Vermont- foliage tour smaller remote

Tue Sep 24, 2002 2:08 pm

Hi there,<P>I am fairly new to New York and am planning a long weekend to see the foliage in Vermont. I am wondering if someone knows where to go an explore( a route or places) that would combine the extraordinary foliage scene plus water- falls, streams etc. I see amazing photos but have no idea where they are located. I am looking to drive through little villages or towns. Can anybody please help? Have a great day!

bbrunsvold

Re: Long weekend NYC to Vermont- foliage tour smaller remote

Tue Sep 24, 2002 9:30 pm

Remi,<BR> Route 100 up the center of the state is probably the most famous road in the state. Just a few miles west of Hancock is Texas Falls and further on Rt. 100 near Granville is Moss Glen Falls. Another favorite tour of mine in Rt. 12 south of Montpelier. Go east on Rt. 65 to Brookfield and cross a floating bridge on Sunset Lake. Rt. 15 along the Lamoille River from Morrisville to W. Danville is also scenic. If you have time, follow Rt. 102 in the NE corner of Vermont along the Connecticut River. Also, try Rt. 4 east of Rt. 100 through Woodstock and Quechee. Have a great time. I will be Vermont myself next week.<P>------------------<BR>Bill
Bill

MamaB

Re: Long weekend NYC to Vermont- foliage tour smaller remote

Wed Sep 25, 2002 3:53 am

Another great falls is in Ludlow, Buttermilk Falls. Take 1-3 west and turn at the VFW. Follow that road to the top. Make sure to see the upper and lower falls. Also, By Killington is Thundering Brook Falls. On Rt. 4 by Killington access rd., take Thundering Brook Road. After you cross a small bridge, park to your left. Trail is by the bridge to your right.