Fall Color

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

admin
Site Admin

Fall Color

Sun Aug 18, 2002 10:08 pm

The best fall color may be in northern VT this year, and especially in the northeast kingdom which gets the fall colors early in September. I say this because we had a lot of rain in the spring...couldn't even cut our lawn because it was so wet. Southern areas of the state did not get this rainfall and are still experiencing drought like conditions. It is generally believed that fall colors are decided in large part by spring weather conditions. However, there is plently of room for debate on this and I would love to hear from someone really knowledgeable on this subject.<P>------------------<BR> Timothy Palmer-Benson [Mail:tim@pbpub.com]<BR> ** Web Publishing for Vermont **<BR> *** <A HREF="http://www.pbpublishing.org" TARGET=_blank>http://www.scenesofvermont.com</A> ***<BR>**** Tel:802-895-4295, Fax:802-895-4635****<BR> *****Box 219, Morgan VT 05853*****<BR>___________________________________

pwt54

Re: Fall Color

Mon Aug 19, 2002 2:06 pm

Well,Tim, I don't know about this year's foliage. Last year we had a real drought and the foliage was real good in northern and central Vermont. Groton State Forest Lowell-Albany-Stannard Mountain area and Peacham-Barnet area were great. If this year is like last year the colors will be intense but short-lived. I'd travel the Northeast Kingdom even without the foliage.<BR>By the way, the blackberry bushes on the Notch Pond Road in Ferdinand(?) look great this year. I'm heading up next week put "pick a peck" so don't tell anybody.