Another bluebird day on the Bluebird Express, Mt. Snow and hike around summit 7/23/22

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

ctyanky
Board Admin

Another bluebird day on the Bluebird Express, Mt. Snow and hike around summit 7/23/22

Sat Aug 06, 2022 4:19 pm

I've been trekking up to Vermont quite a bit lately! And the Bluebird Express on Mt. Snow did not disappoint! What a gorgeous day to take the express up and hike around the summit. The 360 views were awash with blue skies, white puffy clouds and breezy conditions once again, not to mention 100% visibility. This was my fifth time up on the Bluebird and I love taking folks up there for their first time. Somerset Reservoir is quite the scene from various trails to the overlooks; the blue waters matching the skies above. Another blissful day in Vermont for sure!

Afterwards, we headed to Dots in Wilmington but it was closed. But what a find we had at the Cup and Saucer just up the road a piece on 100N. I can't wait to go back! We had a delicious lunch and breakfast at the same time. A lot of locals come here so I knew it would be amazing!

It was in the 70s up there the day we went and got home to northern CT and it was 98!!!!! Unbelievable! :shock:

I hope you all get a chance to get to Mt. Snow for a ride up the Bluebird Express. It is so much fun and the views can't be beat.

Back up for more hiking in August, just trying to decide which trail to explore next!

https://www.facebook.com/MountSnowVermo ... 366866522/

https://www.mountsnow.com/explore-the-r ... -ride.aspx
CT - Board Admin and Moderator for Scenes of Vermont
Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot