Need alittle help please

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

Monna

Need alittle help please

Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:25 am

Hello again , thank you for providing us with such wonderful friendly forums.
I just got my route for our family trip this weekend and if ya could help with some dir I would appreciate , as well any most see around that area would be helpful , thank you

Killington to Stowe VT100
Need dir to Killington peak
Need dir inside Stowe on where to stop and see/ pics
Stowe to Cambridge VT 108
Need dir on how to reach Mount Mansfield
and if anything else around this road please let me know
Cambridge to Montgomery
Vt 109 to VT 118 north
Montgomery:Trout river and Longley bridge dir... is it worth driving up to Jay's peak or continue on
VT 58 Hazens Notch road all the way to Orleans?
then on to Lewis Pond:
Need dir on how to get there from Orleans.

on my stay also lookin got see Bridgewater to Woodstock up to Cloudland
Need dir how to get to Sleep Hallow farm?
Also visiting Ricks Pond route 302
Owl's Head Overlook VT 232
From there on to VT 17 Appalachian Gap
Need dir to Mt Ellen
VT 17 to VT 116 onto VT 125 Middlebury's Gap
Scenic views there?
Hancock to Rochester route 100
What to look for?
Rochester to Brandon Gap VT 73
What to look for?

Well South finally
Ludlow to Manchester route 100 onto VT 11
Manchester need dir on how to reach Mount Equinos toll road
Manchester to Bennington route 7
Bennington to Seaburg reservoir
Need dir on how to reach it from VT9
From Seaburg to Mount Snow overlook to Sumerret Reservoir
also need dir how to get there
Was hoping to stop on Deerfield Valley intersection of VT9 and 8?
is it on the way to Seaburg?

Well we will be getting there Friday to Tuesday, hoping the weather gets better even if it does not I'm sure will be a blast , we r all very excited and I'll definitely report back with lots of pictures.
Thank you guys so much.

Monna

Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:29 pm

Thank you for the info , I do have the Jimapco Vermont Road Atlas :)

pwt54

Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:31 pm

I'm not sure where you are coming from but if you use I-89, get off at exit 1 in VT and drive route US 4 west to Killington. For directions for Lewis Pond, check my Lewis Pond Overlook post from a couple of days ago. These are dirt roads and will be messy after this rain. Mt. Mansfield is right next to route 108 in Stowe. There are 5 covered bridges on route 109. The first is in Waterville on rhe road across from the town hall with the clock. The next bridge is next to route 109. For the third bridge, drive about 7/10ths of a mile. Look for a long hill with a road on the right just as the hill starts rising. Take this road to the bridge. Continue route 109 for the fourth bridge. Look for the Waterville Elementary School on the right side. About a mile after you see it you will come to an itty-bitty community and a bridge. Right after the bridge and on the left side is the Back Road. Take the Back Road though the first covered bridge and continue the Back Road for the next one. Drive through this bridge to get back to route 109. Drive route 109 to the end at route 118. As you come to route 118 you will see a pond on your right side about a mile away. If it looks good, turn right at route 118 and check it out. Then turn around to continue route 118 to Montgomery. If the pond doesn't look good, turn left at route 118 for Montgomery. You will come to Montgomery Center first. You will see route 58 on your right. But drive through Montgomery Center first and drive to Montgomery. Just before you come to Montgomery Village you will see a cemetery on the right. right after there you will see a triangular village green on your right. Take the road just before the village green to a covered bridge. Then turn around and take your first right to get back to route 118. Drive 118 a short way and you will see a road on the left and st the top of the curve. Drive this road through the covered bridge and to the end at route 118 again. Turn left and drive route 118 to the last 2 covered bridges. They are next to the road. Then turn around and drive back to route 58.

Monna

Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:21 pm

Thank you so much hun , got all of that down .... my routes are starting to look good :)

Monna

Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:22 pm

BTW we coming from NY we have a Condo in Ludlow.

pwt54

Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:22 am

Okay. There is a moose spot on route 100 between Ludlow and Weston. It's about 5 miles south of Ludlow and near the Old Weston Mountain Road. I have seen them there.

faxmachineanthem

Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:33 am

pwt,
Will the road to Lewis Pond (and other dirt roads) be difficult to manage after a decent rain? Or just messy?

pwt54

Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:46 am

The forest service did a lot of work on these roads this summer. I'm thinking they will be okay but messy for a car. No problem at all for a SUV.