PWT's Kingdom Ride

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

pwt54

PWT's Kingdom Ride

Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:41 am

First of all, my poor old laptop died on Friday night. (a not too long moment of silence, please.) Saturday I bought a new laptop and spent way too long downloading updates and creating recovery discs. Part of the problem was that comcast's cable internet system was SLOW. Probably all of those college kids filling up their I-pods with with mindless thump-thump music. Yesterday my brother and I rode the roads I planned to take for the reunion. Most important to me was the Henshaw Road. It has been fixed. The other roads are in great shape and everything looks good for the reunion. The early turning stressed out trees are showing wonderful color, but there is no wide spread color change up there except for route 100 between Hyde Park and Lowell. It looks like about 2 weeks before thing start popping up there. That is about normal.
Ctyankee; I did see some fairly fresh moose tracks here and there, so keep your fingers crossed.

pwt54

Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:30 pm

My 2 typing fingers are cramping up already.

faxmachineanthem

Re: PWT's Kingdom Ride

Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:59 pm

pwt54 wrote:It looks like about 2 weeks before thing start popping up there. That is about normal.
Exactly what I want to hear. Thanks for the report!

:lol: mindless thump thump music

wentworth

Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:33 pm

Just what we wanted to hear also--We'll be in Vermont the morning of the 27th--crossing our fingers :)

ctyanky
Board Admin

Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:45 pm

Ctyankee; I did see some fairly fresh moose tracks here and there, so keep your fingers crossed.
Phil: Fresh moose tracks? :shock: Great news!! Things are looking up for my life time thrill! :twisted:

There is an ice cream from a local dairy that features "Moose Tracks" as their label on the flavor. It is vanilla with fudge swirls and lots of chocolate shavings mixed in. Crazy but it's true! Hopefully that will not be my only moose contact. I sure enjoy that ice cream! :wink:
CT - Board Admin and Moderator for Scenes of Vermont
Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot

pwt54

Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:54 pm

Oh yeah, iusually get some from the ice cream shop behind the general store in Pittsburg,NH.

wentworth

Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:18 am

pwt54 wrote:Oh yeah, iusually get some from the ice cream shop behind the general store in Pittsburg,NH.
--nice--We'll be sure to try some of that "Moose Tracks" ice cream, we'll probably stop up there Mon the 28th after hitting the Northeast Kingdom

GIC

Ice Cream?

Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:58 pm

Forget the foliage I'm coming up only for the ice cream......Humm maybe both! Two weeks seems like a life time away!

ctyanky
Board Admin

Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:21 am

GIC: are you talking moose tracks or the maple creemees?

I guess you are putting the foliage on the back burner for now? :wink:
Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot

autzig

Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:34 pm

I just got back from my most recent travels and even though two weeks seems like a long way off, my next trip is to Vermont so it seems really close to me. I was happy to read that the colors look to be on schedule. Thank you for your foliage update PWT.

I don't want to impose but we're all getting excited about our Vermont visits and I'm sure all of us will be anxious to hear updates on the turning colors whenever you can. Even if you don't have anything new to report, tell us something. After all, anticipation is half the fun.

(CONFIDENTIAL TO PWT: Tell us in your posts all about all the moose you are seeing even if you have to lie. What could be more fun than getting CT even more riled up.)

Al

ctyanky
Board Admin

Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:29 pm

ummmmm Al? What are you up to? :twisted:

By the way, it appears you've been out of the loop a bit due to all those business trips lately! :roll: The guys have progressed to tormenting me with bear scenarios now........... :wink:

I mean, aren't you the one who invited the Alaskan bear to the reunion??? I'll have to go recheck that post wherever it is...

(Phil: are you sending me real pictures of moose or has Al gotten to you already :!: :!: :!: )

pwt54

Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:44 am

My moose photos are real. I've seen 5 moose in PittsburgNH and 3 in Erroll,NH and 3 around the Island Pond area this year. Oh yeah, I almost forgot the one in Craftsbury.

ctyanky
Board Admin

Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:52 pm

I know your photos are real Phil! :wink: I loved all the ones you have been sending me! There is hope! I'm sure we'll see them in the Lewis Pond area........ I have some great binoculars for the trip too.

(Just making sure Mr. MN has not been coniving behind my back! :twisted: I think he is starting to get very excited for the reunion and can't contain himself...... :P )