Middlebury College Snow Bowl

Discussions on Equipment, Locations and Tips for getting the photographs you want of Vermont scenes.Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, admin

faxmachineanthem

Middlebury College Snow Bowl

Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:52 am

Last year we were driving west on Rt 125 and I was hoping to find a lookout point. We came across a little dirt parking lot and decided to give it a try. Turns out it was the Middlebury College Snow Bowl and it was a great spot! It's about a 5 minute hike from the dirt lot to the slopes. There are some wooden platforms (where the chairlifts end) you can stand on and get great views.

I'm sure some of you have been here before, but it's an quick hike to a nice lookout so I thought I'd mention it! Definitely worth a stop if you're on Rt 125. These pics were taken late afternoon on 10/5.

http://maps.google.com/maps?oe=utf-8&cl ... 17294&z=11

ctyanky
Board Admin

Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:35 pm

I'm going! Gorgeous! I've been on 125 so many times and didn't know this look out existed. Do you take a chair lift first and then hike up?

Thanks for posting it! I'll try to get there next month! I've seen the signs but was on a tight schedule as usual.

So much to do, so little time............. :roll:
CT - Board Admin and Moderator for Scenes of Vermont
Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot

faxmachineanthem

Sat Sep 05, 2009 4:07 pm

Actually the parking spot (I really shouldn't call it a lot) is near the top of the mountain. So you don't need to take a lift up as you're already there. The "lot" is a dirt pulloff, and it's unsigned. So it's a little tricky to spot.