Favorite sunrise spots

Discussions on Equipment, Locations and Tips for getting the photographs you want of Vermont scenes.Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, admin

lirwin13

Favorite sunrise spots

Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:25 am

Hi all,

Does anyone have any favorite sunrise spots in the central/northern Vermont area? I'll be in the Woodstock area Columbus Day weekend and am hoping for a new location for sunrise. I've done Jenne Farm (and will probably go back one morning while I'm there) and East Corinth. Are there any other places that are particularly photogenic at sunrise? Thanks for your input!

Laura

Andy

Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:26 pm

Hi Laura: Nice to see you back again. From Woodstock, you might try the Sleepy Hollow Farm on Cloudland Road. You would be facing West for the shot. It isn't as easy a composition as it once was, and some of the "quaintness" is gone with modernization. But there still are shots possible. There is a pond in the front (to the East) of the main barn which has some possibility for reflections. Its only a short distance from Woodstock.
Andy

If it sounds too good to be true, its probably . . . .

lirwin13

Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:59 am

Hi Carol and Andy,

Thanks so much for the input and especially the photos Carol. I haven't really explored the Barton area yet in foliage season (although I spent a good amount of time at Lake Willoughby growing up, mostly in the summer though), and your photos look like it's a great area. Perhaps I'll head up there one morning! I have done Sleepy Hollow Farm in the past, although I've been there later in the morning.
Thanks again for the suggestions!
Laura