photos from Memorial day weekend

Discussions on Equipment, Locations and Tips for getting the photographs you want of Vermont scenes.Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, admin

ctyanky
Board Admin

Great Job!

Sat May 31, 2008 6:37 am

Abby: thoroughly enjoyed your photos, especially Lake Willoughby, the moose and the "road running under the barn" per PWT's recommendation. The barn is on our itinerary, Tebbets Road I think it is, for fall. It's nice to see a picture of where we are going. Kudos for the outstanding shots you've taken!

Looking forward to meeting you at the reunion! Hope you are doing well and getting your photo plans ready for another banner year! (Keeping my fingers crossed!) :lol:

pwt54

Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:29 pm

I was ther yesterday and they were not up yet. I took my photos of them on June 13th last year, so we may have a couple of weeks to go. I was a naughty boy last month. My sister in law said that her old fuji camera was dead, so I gave her my canon A710 and went out and bought the new canon G9. After I bought the camera I went over to Curcuit City to check on my niece's laptop and saw the new Nikkon with the 18x zoom. I wonder if a cousin could use a panasonic fz30?

pwt54

Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:41 am

I took a trip on the Kilkenny Loop near Berlin, NH yesterday. This NFR comes off the York Pond Road. The York Pond Rd comes off route 110 between West Milan and Berlin, NH. Look for the Berlin Fish Hatchery sign to find York Pond RD. The Kilkenny Loop goes through a variety of woodlands, evergreen, mixed, and hardwoods. It also has quite a few areas with regular Lady's Slipper flowers and some Painted Trilliums. The Trilliums were going by, but there were a few good ones left. The Lady's Slippers were in their peak stage. Some in their pure white stage and quite a few in the deep pink stage. Really nice and next to the road. Lots of other wildflowers also. Unfortunately, the "skeeters" peaking too. Judging by the type of trees, it could be colorful in the fall. Only one long vista on this loop.

pwt54

Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:01 am

I was up in Barton last Sunday. I was taking my mother for a ride up in Pittsburg,NH and stopped at the Candlepin Restuarant for a late breakfast. Right now that area is in between spring wildflowers and summer wildflowers. When you come back the summer wildflowers will be blooming. I was on vacation last week so I wandered around northern NH, central VT, and northern (gasp) NY. The summer flowers are really popping up in Addison County and the area between Ticonderoga and Whitehall,NY. Northern VT and NH have maybe a week to go. There is a whole field of yellow flag iris about 3 miles past the Chimney Point Bridge in NY. I had a lot of chances to try out my new Canon G9 last week and I like it. I need more practice for the tricky situations. By the way Abby, I think the Showy Lady's Slippers will still be blooming when you come back up, so if you can fit it in give it a try.

pwt54

Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:28 am

No I haven't posted them yet. Heck I haven't even edited them yet. If you happen to drive through Littleton,NH, stop at Chutter's Store and check out the candy bar.