Photography suggestions

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

webuildcoolsigns

Photography suggestions

Sat Sep 17, 2005 9:54 pm

My wife and I are visiting Vermont the first week of October to photograph. I'm 40 years old and have seen thousands of unbelievable photographs of Vermont color. I'd really appreciate your replys where I might find excellent photo opportunities for that week. Specific points of interest or landmarks would be appreciated.

Thank you

webuildcoolsigns

Re: Photography suggestions

Mon Sep 19, 2005 9:05 am

We most likely will vist the northeastern part, but then again we have no agenda other than trying to see the most color for the first week in October. We are completely open to suggestions statewide.

pwt54

Mon Sep 19, 2005 5:25 pm

If you go to Montpelier,Vt. go to the Welcome Center at 134 State Street and ask for their map of the County Road area. Mike made these special maps. Ask him what others he has made. The County Road and all roads east of it have some great photo opportunities including the Tebbets Road that goes under a barn.

autzig

Mon Sep 19, 2005 5:39 pm

This year will be my third or fourth visit to Vermont for business and Photography. Last year I spent a lot of time in the State Parks near Groton. There are some very nice areas there including a terrific view over Lake Groton. I think it is called Owl's Head. Also check out www.northeastwaterfalls.com. Then browse by state. There are lots of nice waterfalls in Vermont including Bingham Falls and Moss Glen Falls in the Stowe area. If you stay at St. Johnsbury, you aren't too far from the Kangamangus Highway in New Hampshire. It offers wonderfull vistas as well as waterfalls and fast moving streams. If you are photographing water, be ready early. A cold early morning will cause steam to rise on the streams and lakes and produce great photo opportnities.

autzig

Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:11 pm

I did a search on this forum and found the following thread that I think you will find helpful.

http://www.pbpub.com/bin/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=000483#000009