Dog Mountain, St. Johnsbury

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

ctyanky
Board Admin

Dog Mountain, St. Johnsbury

Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:56 am

https://www.dogmt.com/

https://www.dogmt.com/Events.html

Good morning to all our Vermont Fall Foliage Fanatics! Today I am heading up to the Dog Mountain Fall Festival. It has been on my bucket list for years and this is the year! I am looking forward to writing a special note to all my dogs who have passed over the rainbow bridge. I hope I can keep it together once I get in the chapel..... :cry:

If you have ever been, let me know! Enjoy this beautiful weekend! CT
CT - Board Admin and Moderator for Scenes of Vermont
Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot

ctyanky
Board Admin

Re: Dog Mountain, St. Johnsbury

Sat Oct 05, 2019 4:47 pm

What a beautiful day to celebrate Dog Mountains Fall Festival! Clear, crisp autumn air and the views from the Chapel of the hillsides peaking in color were gorgeous. I wanted to put a note on the wall for my dogs who have passed away but I have to tell you, it was quite emotional to be in there reading all those notes and to put my own note on the wall. If you have a pet(s) who have passed on, you know the intense feelings of grief that comes in waves upon losing them. Just putting my tribute note on the wall was pretty intense and I had to leave the Chapel soon after because I was overcome with the whole thing. It is certainly worth a visit to the Dog Chapel, but if you are a bit sensitive about pet grief, it can be a difficult thing to do. All those pictures of pets and notes tugs at your heart strings! :( :( :(

But my sadness soon dissipated when I went outside and saw about 50 dogs up on the hill racing around, fetching sticks, chasing after balls and swimming in the pond and playing with their newfound friends. It was truly an amazing sight to behold! So many happy, frolicking dogs of all shapes, sizes and breeds. They had food and music and games for the kids. The gallery was excellent and there were many items for purchase to remember your visit.

I am very happy that I went after all these years but doing so when there were sooooo many dogs racing around was the icing on the cake. I hope you can find time to visit as it is quite a heartwarming and touching place to be, not to mention the views being on top of the hill.

A devoted pet owner, CT

MinnieB

Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:30 pm

I wish I had known about that sooner, I'd have gone. What fun those doggies must have had. I looked at the pics from the previous dog parties at the link you posted. I may have to check that out next year.

Colorado Mom

Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:55 am

That is so hard to read. I'm glad you found the strength CT to get through, especially since you have always wanted to go there. I'm not sure I could do it.
After we lost our last little dog(chocolate cocker) it was devastating to me. She was like one of our kids.
What a special place....I'm glad you found some peace there.