Peacham, Peacham, Peacham... Ready to peak any day and the most idyllic place on earth!

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

ctyanky
Board Admin

Peacham, Peacham, Peacham... Ready to peak any day and the most idyllic place on earth!

Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:05 pm

Hello all: I've been so busy I have not had time to post on the forum. After leaving the NEK where I found outstanding color I am staying in Peacham Village for a whole week and the entire area is ready to pop any day! I am staying in a gorgeous, restored farmhouse and the views outside my room of the stunning foliage is beyond what I can write here. The house sits on a hill and the colors are near peak. My innkeeper and I decided that yesterday it was about 80% changed. It will be perfect for the fall foliage festival tomorrow! Mack Mountain Road is divine and full of peak colors. I found a herd of dairy cows, all breeds, next to the road and they all came running to me, like inches away! It was so VERMONTY! This could be my Vermont moment this year. I was becoming one with my moo cows and got some amazing shots! :D

My bf and I spent the day tooling around Plainfield, Marshfield, and West Danville backroads. We ate a late lunch at Positive Pie! YUM!

Peacham as many know, feels like a step back in time. The folks here are a tight community and I am getting to know quite a few of them. I'm so excited for the festival tomorrow and we will be having the church supper to top off the day! This is the most lovely setting to spend the entire week in and I couldn't be more blessed to be here. I'm totally staying here again next year!!!

We have tons of activities planned through Friday before I leave for Stowe. I hope you all can find time to come here and perhaps enjoy the festivities!!!!!

CT
CT - Board Admin and Moderator for Scenes of Vermont
Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot

Colorado Mom

Re: Peacham, Peacham, Peacham... Ready to peak any day and the most idyllic place on earth!

Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:41 pm

Yay so glad to hear Peacham is near peak!! We will be there tomorrow sometime...can't wait!!

ctyanky
Board Admin

Re: Peacham, Peacham, Peacham... Ready to peak any day and the most idyllic place on earth!

Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:20 am

Hi Colorado!!! We are in and out of festival day because we want to get to Hill Farmstead Brewery and the Danville corn maze! :lol: Remember to see if the farmer is doing hay rides from the fire station for a venture into the field behind the church! Check out Maple Hill Road off Mack Mtn Road, it's a lovely drive. We took a class 4 road up past East Hill and walked way into the fields for outstanding views of the entire valley and mountains below. Helps to get insider tips from the locals! :wink: Gosh, I just love it here...………. 8)

Have an awesome day! I can't wait to hear about your adventures! CT

Colorado Mom

Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:29 am

Hi CT We were going to do the corn maze and decided we both might be too claustrophobic :lol: I do hear they have a scenic route for people like us but we just can't fit it in today.We are going to the brewery today too so shout out if you me (plaid coat fall colors) or wave if you see us out and about(navy suv Nissan Armada) Cant wait to see the little town of Peacham in festival mode!!!

MinnieB

Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:47 pm

CT, did you make it up Devil's Hill?

ctyanky
Board Admin

Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:30 pm

Minnie: well oh my, we stayed at Hill Farmstead Brewery too long :shock: and by the time we made it back to Peacham, we had to make our 5:00 dinner seating at the Peacham Church Supper! If the weather is good tomorrow, we will try to do that before the Barnet Foliage Festival. Otherwise, I will save it for next year because I am staying at this amazing place again for a week! Thank you for all your efforts, they are most certainly appreciated and it is going on my Vermont Bucket List for 2020. My innkeepers said it is excellent! Can't wait! It's just that I have each day packed with so much fun and adventure, there is never enough time to accommodate all my activities! Will keep you posted! Thank you again for the recommendation! CT

ctyanky
Board Admin

Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:33 pm

Colorado Mom: please tell me about your experiences in Peacham and Hill Farmstead Brewery!!! We loved that brewery and I looked for you. We were there at around 2 or 2:30. Hardly crowded at all and served immediately! (Edwards?) And those views coming down to 16! OMG. Peak, peak, peak! Not to mention the beer of course! :wink: :wink:

Colorado Mom

Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:50 pm

Omg had a great day but it was long. We are trying to get used to the time change. When we got up this morning at 6:30 that was actually 4:30 for us!!
Went on Route 114, 105 and then Westmore road just like some suggested...thank you btw. We loved Lake Willoughby. Next was the brewery. We were there around noon. I had my plaid coat on lol...sorry we missed ya.
On to Fosters Bridge, so pretty and taking the back road around Joe's pond. On to Peacham but the farmers was not at the fire station. So we went to the little craft show, so cute! Ending our day at Noyse Pond which was pretty amazing!! Whew we are tired!!
Pollys pancake parlor tomorrow and a couple other things then Woodstock. We are looking forward to some down time there!!

Colorado Mom

Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:05 pm

My daughter had the Nordic beer. She said it was delicious....wasn't that a peaceful setting :D

Colorado Mom

Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:04 am

As I am sitting here catching up on some of the post I cant help but :D :lol: :D :lol: When I read that CT stayed at the brewery a little longer than expected then went straight to the church supper!! I'm only laughing because my daughter, after one beer said....Wow I'm a little tipsy that was pretty good stuff :mrgreen:

ctyanky
Board Admin

Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:31 am

Hi Colorado: I think we arrived at a great time there, no waits or hardly anyone around but I did notice a lot of out of state plates. This must be the "go to" brewery up in that area for sure. Wasn't the color coming down that road into 15 and 16 gorgeous? I'm so glad we went. The supper was sooooo good at the church and we loved sitting with the locals from the area (Peacham and Barnet mostly). We are now heading out to the Barnet Fall Foliage Festival. I have to pack up tonight after being here a week to get ready for Stowe! I'm so excited for my next lodging. I'm off to the Hardwick Fall Festival tomorrow and maybe Dog Mountain Festival in St. J's. Sunday is the Autumn on the Green in Danville. That is probably at the top of my list for festivals here.

I'm looking forward to hearing all about Woodstock!!!! Onward! :wink:

Colorado Mom

Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:10 pm

I really wanted to go to Autumn on the green and was trying to decide if it was worth it to travel back up there once we were settled in Woodstock.
I quickly made the decision to stay here once we arrived. We are in love with the place we are staying at. We kinda just want to stay here and do nothing!!
So you will have to tell me all about Danville CT. I love things like that but sometimes I have to pick and choose even tho I don't want to.

ctyanky
Board Admin

Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:55 am

Hi Colorado, I totally get it. I'm going to settle into my horse farm in Stowe and chill out this weekend. I'm in need of some R&R and I intend to sit outside near the pasture with the horses nearby and just soak in the beauty of Vermont. I do have a couple of activities planned but this was also intended to be my "down time" weekend, just as Woodstock is yours! If it rains tomorrow afternoon, I may skip Autumn on the Green but Monday is looking yucky at this point. So far I've been here about 10 days so a little rest doesn't hurt! :D Plus I'm up in Vermont quite a bit on weekends so I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything!

I do find stick season beautiful up here so I'm also looking forward to that! :D