Farmers's Markets

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

admin
Site Admin

Farmers's Markets

Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:49 pm

I have just added a list of Farmers' Markets along with their dates and locations. You can find the list on www.foliage-vermont.com
http://www.foliage-vermont.com/farmers_markets.html
There are dozens of them! If you have a food stamp card, you can double your spending money by purchasing coupons,

Colorado Mom

Re: Farmers's Markets

Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:20 pm

That is awesome.....thank you :D

ctyanky
Board Admin

Re: Farmers's Markets

Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:37 am

Tim: thanks for adding this. My favorites so far are the Waitsfield Farmer's Market (medium sized), the Dorset Farmer's Market (medium sized) and the Putney Farmer's Market (small). Everyone, please support our Vermont farmers and vendors as much as you possibly can. You will enjoy farmer's markets not only for the local and high quality foods they produce straight from their farms, but there may also be music, crafts and excellently prepared food to be eaten there or taken home. I would rather go to a farmer's market than a grocery store any time I am in Vermont. Also, the farm stores and farm stands, each quite different in their own respect, are equally as good. You can find the best of the best Vermont vendors have to offer at any of these local offerings.

I would love to go to the large ones, especially the Burlington and Brattleboro Farmer's Markets some day. They are very well known and received rave reviews!

Also, keep in mind some of them transition to winter digs inside a nearby venue, such as the Dorset Farmer's Market. It will be noted on their face book or website page! :D CT
CT - Board Admin and Moderator for Scenes of Vermont
Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot