50 Shades of GREEN!!!

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

ctyanky
Board Admin

50 Shades of GREEN!!!

Sun May 19, 2019 6:52 am

What a spring delight we are having! Maybe even 100 shades of GREEN! So many spring colors surround us now, and the hills are alive with every shade of green imaginable! As I was driving alongside one of our mountain roads, I was awestruck by the variety of colors awarded to us by Mother Nature during this season. The magnolias this year were glorious but have long since fluttered to the ground. We are actually in our second phase of blooms already in northern CT, with glorious dogwoods, rhodys, crab apples trees, lilacs and azalea bushes. I'm looking forward to the hydrangeas popping out, my favorite bloom of all! It appears that Vermont is about a week or so behind very southern New England, so head up there for the spring palette before it disappears! I'm hoping to head to VT for Mayfest in Bennington very soon!

Due to the recent and ongoing rains we have had in the northeast, (and oh so cool/cold weather) it is a jungle out there! Lawns have never looked so beautiful. The tree canopies are lush and dense and the forests have completely filled in. We are approaching the dark green phase of spring now in northern CT. It is all so magnificent and the wonders of spring never cease to amaze me!

I promised myself I would enjoy every spring day in and of itself, but in the back of my mind, :roll: I am hoping the trees remain this healthy, and our summer and early fall climates continue to be beneficial for our wonderful autumn which is not that far away!

Happy Memorial Day Weekend to all and enjoy the warm weather that has finally reached the northeast! CT :D :D :D
CT - Board Admin and Moderator for Scenes of Vermont
Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot

Utah Baker

Re: 50 Shades of GREEN!!!

Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:59 pm

Hi CT and all forum friends! We had and an awesome time, including Memorial weekend. Vermont is as enchanting in Spring as in Autumn. here's a few photos of the beauty we enjoyed, too early for the lupines but oh well. I just realized the first link I shared didn’t work. This one should.

https://link.shutterfly.com/lWXDD897xX

Don't know at this time whether we will be able to make a fall trip this year, as my son in law just took a job here back at home that will have them moving the end of the summer and we will probably need to help them drive back at that time.

We loved visiting all the old haunts in a different season, always beautiful, always Vermont!

ctyanky
Board Admin

Re: 50 Shades of GREEN!!!

Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:42 am

Janice, these are lovely spring photos! Vermont is wonderful in all seasons! I loved the Peacham shot. I certainly hope things work out for your fall trip, I'd miss your posts! :cry: If you do make it to Vermont, please try to meet me during my Peacham week. When I went to the festival last year, I came by way of Mack Mountain Road and a local farmer was giving horse drawn wagon rides at the fire house. We came upon that iconic church scene when we were in the fields. It was a glorious ride and I hope he is there this fall again. He was actually a transplant from Connecticut so it made for quite an interesting conversation......

Keep me posted on your plans. :D CT