Fantasy Sunrise This AM - My Vermont "Moment" for 2018 Foliage Season

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

ctyanky
Board Admin

Fantasy Sunrise This AM - My Vermont "Moment" for 2018 Foliage Season

Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:05 pm

Hello all! Many of you know I am NOT an early riser but today I had to get on the ball due to a packed itinerary, and I wanted to show my CT friend the best places I could think of!

As a back story, I must tell you I am in deep in the Lincoln woods on a dirt road near Jerusalem in the most beautiful B&B I've ever been in, isolated and on a dead end. I was getting ready at 6:15 and around 6:30, I thought to myself, I should at least look out the window. :) Each year, I hope to have a Vermont moment that will stay in my mind forever. And so it came when I least expected it.....

My bedroom windows look out onto the mountains over Lincoln and beyond! It is truly a magnificent view to wake up to! Out my window I see the sunrise with a layer upon layer of pink clouds rising in the distance with fog in the valleys and a view all the way to Camel's Hump. I ran downstairs still in PJS (not even realizing it was 30 degrees) and stood in awe of the sight before me. I stood there in disbelief, it was magical, so much so, that I had tears of joy in my eyes. Chrystal clear views and a mist rising above their pond below, rising like small diamonds. How blessed I felt to have had this experience during my Vermont foliage vacation, to make this one my "Vermont moment".

Foliage heaven at my doorstep. A scene to be cherished forever. CT
CT - Board Admin and Moderator for Scenes of Vermont
Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot

ctyanky
Board Admin

Re: Fantasy Sunrise This AM - My Vermont "Moment" for 2018 Foliage Season

Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:46 pm

Did anyone have a "Vermont Moment" from this season that will remain etched in their mind for a long time to come? A place, experience or photographic omg moment that happened during your 2018 foliage vacation? I have a memory from almost every season that brings joy to me when I think back upon it. CT

Texas_Aggie

Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:52 pm

ctyanky wrote:Did anyone have a "Vermont Moment" from this season that will remain etched in their mind for a long time to come? A place, experience or photographic omg moment that happened during your 2018 foliage vacation? I have a memory from almost every season that brings joy to me when I think back upon it. CT
Our 14 month old took his first steps in Vermont!

ctyanky
Board Admin

Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:19 pm

Texas: now that is quite a moment! Thanks for sharing your special Vermont memory! CT

triz

Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:52 pm

Here is my Vermont moment for 2018.
I opened the curtains of our motel room in Bennington at 6:50 am last Sunday and saw this. As mentioned, most of this color came overnight, and wasn't there the previous day.

Utah Baker

Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:49 pm

Wowzeers triz! That’s amazing! So glad the color of still going strong. Being home now I am still basking in the glow of another fabulous Vermont Autumn. Enjoy!

triz

Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:14 pm

Thanks Utah Baker!
I am back in Philly now but can’t wait to be back in New England for more fall colors in the next years :)

ctyanky
Board Admin

Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:20 pm

triz, that IS a Vermont moment for sure! Wow! What a surprise to wake up to, it is vibrant! Thanks for posting this and making it a memory for your 2018 Vermont foliage vacation! CT