SE VT will be cranking color out next weekend, foliage update 10/7

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

ctyanky
Board Admin

SE VT will be cranking color out next weekend, foliage update 10/7

Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:52 pm

Hi all: spent the day in SE VT in Newfane for the Heritage Festival which was great, the sun was out and the maple trees around the common at the churches and town hall were firecrackers. Made for some nice photo ops with the white tents and the very colorful crafts in and about the venues. My thoughts on the foliage for next weekend are very positive in the following areas:

Newfane, Townshend, Jamaica, Winhall, Peru (11) and into Manchester on route 30. The Townshend Dam and lake should be quite beautiful. The whole trip on 30 was very early with some isolated peak areas at the higher elevations. I didn't have time to explore this road called French Hollow Rd. on 30 coming into Manchester which looked awesome! Whomever is coming up later this week and especially this weekend, is in for a treat in southern VT and the SE corner I just described. No leaf drop that I could see. Let's hope the heavy rain forecasted for Thursday fizzles out!

If you are coming up 30, stop at the Townshend Pumpkin Festival on Saturday 10/13! I loved it when I was there two years ago and it is completely made up of local crafters and farmers whom I love to support. I may be up Saturday if I can switch my stable duties! :wink: Here is the link:

http://www.townshendvermont.org/index.p ... n-festival
CT - Board Admin and Moderator for Scenes of Vermont
Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot

triz

Re: SE VT will be cranking color out next weekend, foliage update 10/7

Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:38 pm

I am crossing all of my fingers then!
Thanks CT!

ctyanky
Board Admin

Re: SE VT will be cranking color out next weekend, foliage update 10/7

Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:16 pm

triz: I think you will have more days of sunshine and blue skies than any of us who have been here for the last 10 days! I'm also keeping my fingers crossed for you. CT