OFF TOPIC: The Summer That Keeps On Giving............ugh

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

ctyanky
Board Admin

OFF TOPIC: The Summer That Keeps On Giving............ugh

Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:49 pm

Well, I guess I spoke too soon about the "peachy" weather we have had the last two days. Monday thru Wednesday of next week will be in the mid-90s here in much of Southern New England and low 80s up north. Just when I was beginning to think about foliage heaven the past two days, Mother Nature decides to give us another dose of relentless heat and humidity. Perhaps this is her last hurrah? :? Well, at least this weekend is going to be spectacular! In the meantime, I will dream of days when the AC is off, the cool evening air is billowing in through the curtains at night, waking up to the autumn chill and having to put on a jacket for a morning walk and catching the aroma of wood fires burning...….. :mrgreen:

Better now than in September.......the Endless Summer of 2018 continueth! :evil:
CT - Board Admin and Moderator for Scenes of Vermont
Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot

wentworth

Re: OFF TOPIC: The Summer That Keeps On Giving............ugh

Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:32 pm

For Killington, the heat wave will only last from 8/27 thru 8/29, about 10 degrees above normal--After that, perfectly normal weather will prevail throughout Vermont in September, as per Accuweather

ctyanky
Board Admin

Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:58 am

Mother Nature is loving summer this year. Although we are expected to cool down a bit through Sunday of Labor Day Weekend, the following week brings our fifth heat wave in Southern New England with at least 3 days of 90s. Not to worry, the trees are still looking as healthy as ever and despite the incredible heat we are presently experiencing, I haven't noticed any leaf drop.

Mother Nature needs to move on and turn the switch over here pretty soon. I've never experienced a summer like this and my electric bill is not happy!

Happy Labor Day Weekend! It's almost September! :D

wentworth

Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:14 pm

The first week of September, the low temps will be way above average, with the rest of the month will be more or less normal temperature-wise

ctyanky
Board Admin

Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:34 am

Good news! Mother Nature is loosening her grip on summer, fall-like temps (at least seasonal) arriving this weekend and it looks like we are settling down going forward. Time to let the ACs take a rest after this brutal heat this week! I'm just ready to say goodbye to the summer of 2018! I'd love to exchange it for:

The Fall That Keeps on Giving!!!!! 8)