RIPTON COUNTRY STORE on the market! So sad.. Any buyers out there? Great NY Times article....

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

ctyanky
Board Admin

RIPTON COUNTRY STORE on the market! So sad.. Any buyers out there? Great NY Times article....

Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:27 am

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/30/opin ... -eggs.html

This was such a sweet story! I'm so sad the owners are retiring but I understand that the time has to come to move on with their retirement plans. I stop there every fall when I travel the Middlebury Gap and on one occasion, had met one of the owners. Always a nice chat about anything Vermont, a great photo op or a chance to find an item from the store to add to my take home "treasures". Last autumn, I met a delightful local chap hauling wood in from the Lincoln-Ripton Road for a conversation on the foliage and tourism. It was a nice memory in front of the Ripton Store. The store always pulls me in even when I am on a mission to go somewhere else.

Maybe someone out there is the right fit for this delightful store? :wink:
CT - Board Admin and Moderator for Scenes of Vermont
Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot

Utah Baker

Re: RIPTON COUNTRY STORE on the market! So sad.. Any buyers out there? Great NY Times article....

Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:46 am

Hope they find a good local buyer! So sad, one of our favorite stops too! Sorry, resizing affects the quality of the photo.:(
Attachments
3BEA05A4-1458-4BE9-BA4E-B598CD9178F8.jpeg
7E80D9EE-1468-4117-B223-38306A0ED655.jpeg
A75ED5EA-1F2E-4109-9C9A-6801A5C5EC7A.jpeg

ctyanky
Board Admin

Re: RIPTON COUNTRY STORE on the market! So sad.. Any buyers out there? Great NY Times article....

Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:35 pm

Hi Janice! Those are such endearing photos of the Ripton Store. I hope they are still open when I am in Warren this fall, as I will take the Middlebury Gap over to my next B&B in Starksboro. I may call this summer and see if it was sold yet! By the way, did you ever stop at the Robert Frost Interpretive Trail at the crest of the Midd Gap? It is about a one mile loop through the woods and his poems are posted at different intervals along the path. It is so serene and blissfully enchanting.

Thanks for chiming in here! Only 5 months to go until autumn! See you up there hopefully! :D CT