Amazing Stretch of Incredibly Beautiful Weather to Take Hold in New England Beginning Thursday/Friday!!!!

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

ctyanky
Board Admin

Amazing Stretch of Incredibly Beautiful Weather to Take Hold in New England Beginning Thursday/Friday!!!!

Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:30 pm

Alas! Mother Nature is done with this wretched heat wave beginning Thursday! Refreshing cool air, sunshiny days, perfect fall weekend coming up! We're back on track weather wise! All I see on the long range forecast are blissful autumn days.

If you check the forecast up in Vermont, the nights begin to fall into the 30's with 50's and low 60's daytime this Thursday!

Get the fleece out! Long flannel jammies and sweater/sweatshirt weather here we come! I'm so excited, I can barely concentrate at work. :wink:

It is time for autumn in Vermont! :D

P.S. Last night I dreamed I saw an albino moose in my backyard. How weird is that? I kept screaming Moose, Moose for anyone to hear but no one seemed to respond. :( Must have been the post on the Moose Bog, who knows............
CT - Board Admin and Moderator for Scenes of Vermont
Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot

photo_guy

Re: Amazing Stretch of Incredibly Beautiful Weather to Take Hold in New England Beginning Thursday/Friday!!!!

Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:00 pm

Hoping to drive to some nice routes, I will be coming on Thursday evening. If it is going to be cooler Thursday, does it take couple of days for leaves to turn their colors ? I am wishing to see some places (Carol already suggested) before I fly out on 2 Oct.

ctyanky
Board Admin

Re: Amazing Stretch of Incredibly Beautiful Weather to Take Hold in New England Beginning Thursday/Friday!!!!

Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:21 pm

Hi Photo guy: It does not happen overnight, but takes a couple of days. I'm in no position to determine what the Foliage Gods have in mind but you will see wonderful color all about your extensive travel days. Just enjoy what you are seeing and relax during your travels. I assure you, you will be oohing and aahing at every bend in the road. If you see something that sings to you, stop. Get out and take it all in for your memories. Take the pressure off yourself and be happy you are in Vermont for foliage season. It stirs the soul. You will know what I mean when you get there. You will find your color. CT

ctyanky
Board Admin

Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:03 pm

Here is a comment from the WCAX meteorologist today (VT) which should make us all happy!

".....Then, it will be back to reality. In fact, as we head towards the end of the week and into the start of the weekend, temperatures will actually be running a bit below average, so that will be a shock to the system."

Heck yeah! :mrgreen: