Blueberry Lake Warren VT

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

ctyanky
Board Admin

Blueberry Lake Warren VT

Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:52 am

Hello everyone: I wanted to post these directions for all so that you can enjoy a most idyllic location near Waitsfield/Warren. I was there last year around Oct 5th and it was bursting in color with lake reflections like I have never seen before. It probably will be in high color just about mid week but I am going to check it out with Minnesotaman and will report back. There are some nice marshes along the east side of the lake that are beautiful. Just a nice stopping point if you are in the Waitsfield/Warren area tooling around the back roads. An afternoon shot for sure!

Directions:

Take Plunkton Road off 100 after you finish Granville Gulf - it comes on fast but the sign is large. Take this until you see the lake BUT do not take the first parking lot. Keep going north until you bend around the north edge of the lake to the Forestry sign welcoming you to the lake. Park in the lot there and you will see what I mean. What a hot spot for color and reflections. Try to get this in the afternoon, I think we were there around 3. If you can hit it soon on a calm day you are in for a treat! Take Fuller Hill Road back to 100 for amazing long views! In the alternative, you can also take Warren Road to Common Road for views of the mountains that will knock your socks off!
CT - Board Admin and Moderator for Scenes of Vermont
Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot

ctyanky
Board Admin

Re: Blueberry Lake Warren VT

Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:56 am

You can also stop at the Warren Store for delicious deli sandwiches, and if you are lucky enough to time it, the arrival of Heady Topper Beer! :D