From Boston to Vermont. Which is more scenic ?

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: bm, Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

photo_guy

From Boston to Vermont. Which is more scenic ?

Postby photo_guy » Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:49 am

Hello,

We are reaching Boston on evening of 28 September and plan to stay overnight on the way, so we should not pass scenic places in dark.

After leaving hotel, next day we want to follow in this way - Franconia Notch SP - Sugar Hill - Noyes Pond - Mosquitoville - Harvey Lake - Peacham - Hardwick [ https://goo.gl/JQ7QuV ]

Either we can stay before/near Woodstock, NH or we can stay near before/near Conway. Where do you recommend us to stay, depend on scenic route further and fall colors ?

Thanks

photo_guy

Re: From Boston to Vermont. Which is more scenic ?

Postby photo_guy » Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:06 pm

Can I get some suggestion on this please ?

abby

Postby abby » Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:20 pm

I've been milling this one over. Stay in/near Woodstock. Book your lodging now.
I'm heading up from Boston tomorrow morning at 5 am. I will report back to you on Sunday evening my findings in the Franconia Notch area as well as the NEK of VT. I think your route looks fine. There could be one minor change I might want to suggest but I want to see what it looks like this weekend. I'll report back to you Sunday evening with photos as well. Stay tuned.
Carol

photo_guy

Postby photo_guy » Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:01 pm

That would be big help. Thanks Carol.
I will wait for your output

ctyanky

Postby ctyanky » Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:25 pm

I agree with Carol's comment on the lodging. I would concentrate on looking at some options for places to stay at this very busy time of the year! Get a feel for what is available now. CT

Return to “Foliage Forum”