First Fall Video NEK by Admin (Tim) Seymour Lake and Morgan VT

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

ctyanky
Board Admin

First Fall Video NEK by Admin (Tim) Seymour Lake and Morgan VT

Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:25 pm

http://www.foliage-vermont.com/

Tim, our board admin, has posted his first fall video on the foliage-vermont website for all to enjoy. Early signs of color indeed!
When I was in SoVT last weekend we saw more random spots of color all the way up until through Stratton and then it became green mostly again to Bondville. Some trees were sparkling red in half the tree already along 100! Definitely dulling in these areas but in Newfane and Brattleboro still looks like the thick of summer with folks swarming the rivers to swim! :wink:

Tim, I think your video shows more uniformity in the dulling of the trees and the appearance of color pop! With a potential first frost of the season this weekend, changes will become even more evident! :D

Thanks Tim, for posting your first video of the season! We are all looking forward to more of your enticing autumn videos!
CT - Board Admin and Moderator for Scenes of Vermont
Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot

admin
Site Admin

Re: First Fall Video NEK by Admin (Tim) Seymour Lake and Morgan VT

Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:47 pm

Yes, the leaves are showing signs of the coming color. Bear in mind this video was taken around 5 pm....around the golden hour, so the color has a natural warmth to it. Will do another one after the frost :)

Utah Baker

Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:45 pm

Love this! Can't wait to see more. I'll have "boots on the ground" and eyes in the trees tomorrow. My husband, son in law and his father left Sat morning early for their cross country trek to Littleton NH. Should arrive tomorrow evening. My son in law begins his job Tues., while the other two start house hunting till hubby flies home on the 16th. They've promised me foliage reports! Praying that the house here gets sold and we can get out there the first of Oct.

ctyanky
Board Admin

Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:08 am

Hello Carol and Janice! It's been cold here the last two days and we are even seeing a lot of early leaf change all over northern CT. I'm off to VT with my daughter tomorrow to go shopping at the VT Country Store in Rockingham for goodies and to drive around Chester and "maybe" Ludlow for a creemee at the Green Mtn Sugar House. It is supposed to warm up a bit after a deluge of chilly rain yesterday but then back to seasonal weather in New England. I'm not sure the frost actually transpired in VT but they were definitely in the low to mid 30s which should spark the process nonetheless!

Janice: keep us posted on your arrival so we can meet up! Things always work out, don't they? :wink:

Tim: please keep the videos coming! See you in a few weeks. Only 3 1/2 more weeks and I'll be in foliage heaven! :D