Website Update

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

Kerry29

Website Update

Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:00 pm

It took a couple of months, but I finally finished post-processing all of the imagery from my trip to New England this past fall and just but a wrap on a website update.

The link to the site is in my signature below.

Of particular interest, I would imagine, to most of you here is the Vermont material: http://www.lightscapesphotography.com/f1032661103

I'll also include links to the galleries including the images from Maine: http://www.lightscapesphotography.com/f1038488942

and New Hampshire: http://www.lightscapesphotography.com/f552275701

I hope you'll take a look around and let me know what you think.

Thanks,

--Kerry

Utah Baker

Re: Website Update

Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:16 pm

Kerry, they are all stunning but my absolute favorite is the very last one, gorgeous reflection shot at Wheeler Pond. All the color is almost shocking given the peaceful snowy landscape we see now. I just don't think people who haven't experienced it realize how magnificent it is!

Oh, Happy New Year all!
Last edited by Utah Baker on Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kerry29

Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:11 pm

Utah Baker wrote:Kerry, they are all stunning but my absolute favorite is the very last one, gorgeous reflection shot at Wheeker Pond.
Thanks!

Just FYI...the ten images on the Vermont gallery page are themselves thumbnail links to galleries of images (there are more than 180 Vermont images on the site)...you have to click on those images to get to the gallery thumbnails...and then click on the image thumbnails in the sub-galleries to see each full image. Or, alternatively, when you get into each sub-gallery, click on the light blue SLIDESHOW button near the upper right-hand corner of the screen. That will present all the images in each gallery in a single sub-gallery without further intercession.

ctyanky
Board Admin

Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:30 pm

Hello Kerry: these photos are amongst the best collection of Vermont and New Hampshire fall foliage photos I've seen on this forum in years. Most of all, the folders are easy to navigate within and between. You captured some excellent color and landscapes, and I have to admit, NH colors this year indeed rivaled those of Vermont in this most incredible 2016 foliage season. Amazing work! Thanks for posting! :D
CT - Board Admin and Moderator for Scenes of Vermont
Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot

Kerry29

Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:52 pm

ctyanky wrote:Hello Kerry: these photos are amongst the best collection of Vermont and New Hampshire fall foliage photos I've seen on this forum in years. Most of all, the folders are easy to navigate within and between. You captured some excellent color and landscapes, and I have to admit, NH colors this year indeed rivaled those of Vermont in this most incredible 2016 foliage season. Amazing work! Thanks for posting! :D
Thanks very much, that's very kind of you to say.

The color during my time in New Hampshire was absolutely spectacular--every bit as nice as what I saw in Vermont, for what it's worth. What impressed me as much as the vibrancy of what I saw was how long areas remained at peak. The weather turned out to be about as close to perfect as possible--very light winds for more than a week's time and no heavy rain at any point. And there was something almost poetic about the fact that one of the top five or ten sunsets I've ever seen anywhere took place at the end of my final full day in the region:

http://www.lightscapesphotography.com/p ... #h806aa705

The story behind how l even found myself in position to produce the image is one for the books and I'll post it on my blog in the coming weeks.

markm

Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:24 pm

Beautiful stuff! Thanks for sharing again.

Utah Baker

Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:21 am

Kerry, that sunset image is STUNNING!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: It's one I just want to sit in front of and soak it up! Certainly being at the right place and the right time.

Kerry29

Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:24 am

Thanks!

I was very lucky to be at the right place at the right time. Very lucky. I'm going to blog about that experience in the relatively near future and when I do I'll try to remember to link the entry here.

Kerry29

Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:32 am

I promised that I'd link the blog entry that included the story behind the capture of the White Mountains sunset image. I just posted the entry this morning; here's the link:

https://lightscapesphotography.wordpres ... enouement/

Utah Baker

Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:10 pm

Kerry, what great story!!!! I was hanging on every word, not only are you a great photographer, but writer as well. I feel there are truely no coincidences, this was meant to be, you were lead to this, maybe kicking and screaming, but you arrived! Again thanks for sharing this great story and amazing photo!

ctyanky
Board Admin

Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:07 pm

Kerry: what a perfectly amazing and captivating essay! Magnificent sunset indeed! Like Janice, I was mesmerized by your writing ability let alone your photography. I was getting goose bumps waiting for the grand finale! :lol: This was such a great read and you have some of the best photos to share on this foliage forum. What a way to end your vacation! :D

Thanks for sharing and being part of Scenes of Vermont! I hope you can get back some day to enjoy the great state of Vermont once again! CT

Kerry29

Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:30 am

Thanks to both of you for the kind words; they're much appreciated.

Kerry29

Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:50 pm

mmvt wrote:That's a phenomenal story Kerry and a fantastic sunset to end your Fall Foliage excursion. I always appreciate the "work" of getting awesome images but am even more grateful for those magic moments when good luck, timing and the kindness of others lend themselves to specific experiences. Thanks for sharing this and for sharing all of your wonderful images.
Thanks very much!