killington and rutland this weekend

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

rabh

killington and rutland this weekend

Thu Oct 07, 2004 12:19 pm

Hi,

I am planning to be in VT this weekend. How would Rutland and Killington be this weekend?

I am driving from NY. Are there good colors around lake Shaftsbury?

Thanks a bunch. In the last one month I have been reading the posts on this forum quite regularly and I think this forum is simply superb.

Regards,
Rajesh

pwt54

Re: killington and rutland this weekend

Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:14 pm

Killington being high up should be good. Rutland won't be as far along. Hopefully IXL can chime in on Lake Shaftsbury, I havent been there in 3 years.

ixl

Thu Oct 07, 2004 6:07 pm

I haven't been there yet this season. And of course, I have been up here for most of the last 10 days. But I am going to do some "recon" in SW Vermont tomorrow and will report back. --c
Charles Kozierok - DesktopScenes.com

View Autumn Scenes from Southern Vermont (2003), my free, 75-image foliage gallery!

laird

Thu Oct 07, 2004 8:19 pm

I rode the Killington SKYESHIP and K1 gondola rides today. Neither one has much red, mostly orange, yellow and green. The SKYESHIP colors are best at about the mid-point stop and decrease the closer you get to the top.
The K1 has some color and bare trees at the base and get really barren as you go up.
Today they let you ride both with one ticket.
Laird.

ixl

Fri Oct 08, 2004 3:36 pm

I drove Route 7 from Brandon to Bennington today. I'll put up a more complete report later, but the quick news is that Rutland has hardly any color except looking up at the western spine of the Greens. Lake Shaftsbury has "okay" color but it's still a bit early. --c
Charles Kozierok - DesktopScenes.com

View Autumn Scenes from Southern Vermont (2003), my free, 75-image foliage gallery!