Color Alert!

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

Utah Baker

Color Alert!

Fri Oct 14, 2016 3:35 pm

For anyone who will be in the northwest part of the state this weekend. We drove from the resort (Smuggler) to Jeffersonville, Cambridge then up north Rt. 104 to 36 to Fairfield! Wow what a little gem Fairfield is! The road opens up to a beautiful little valley full of rolling farms, homes and hillside full of almost if not peak trees. Then back down 108, beautiful color all the way. Then out of Cambridge again we took Pleasant Valley road. Going to be a beautiful weekend in these areas!

ctyanky
Board Admin

Re: Color Alert!

Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:42 pm

Janice: thanks for the update. Phil took me up there a couple of years ago. Beautiful and serene. Glad you got great color! That's awesome! Enjoy the weekend, it's gorgeous today. A top ten fall day and very cold tonight! :D

Heading up again at 8 a.m. tomorrow and again on Sunday to route 9 and around. Hope the color holds. If not, that's ok, I have a backup plan! :D

Andy

Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:40 am

Janice: Once again, my "neck of the woods." :D See what a well-kept secret it is? When you took the Pleasant Valley Road, you probably saw that little red barn with Mt. Mansfield in the background that both Carol and I have photographed. Sounds like this was a fall that would fit with my distant memories of life in that area back in the '70's (though we were much more able to see the foliage from our slow moving horse carriages, LOL).
Andy

If it sounds too good to be true, its probably . . . .

Utah Baker

Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:07 pm

Andy, lucky you, this is the kind of place I've dreamed of since I was a child! But if you where riding in horse and buggy, I'd be on the back of a dinosaur! LOL!