Sleepy Hollow Farm

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

Utah Baker

Re: Sleepy Hollow Farm

Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:04 pm

Mmvt, was there today and two thumbs up for the new paint! Beautiful shot, hope mine turns out as well!

markm

Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:50 am

It looks better now. If I have time this Saturday, I'll try a pic.

Andy

Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:32 am

Wow. This is great news. I photographed it "back in the day," before I wrote the book. I always tried to exclude the house as it seemed like it detracted from the more traditional barns. That red makes it need to come back into the image. Now I will HAVE to go there on my next trip!
Andy

If it sounds too good to be true, its probably . . . .

mrcpa

Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:39 am

Hi everyone! I am new on this board. I started reading it about 4 weeks ago. I spent last Thursday, Friday and Saturday (10/13-10/15) in Woodstock! Thank you so much for letting me know about Cloudland Road and Joe Ranger Road. They are incredible!!

Here is a shot I took of Sleepy Hollow Farm!
Attachments
sh.jpg

ctyanky
Board Admin

Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:49 am

mrcpa: Welcome to the forum! so glad you had a great experience in Woodstock! I spent my first weekend there and thanks to Miinnesotaman fond Joe Ranger, my absolute favorite! I have been on Cloudland, Galaxy and Old Kings Highway before with another forum member Phil, who is on his way to Florida soon.

Thanks for the lovely picture of Sleepy Hollow Farm. I passed by with bm and didn't even note the red color. :roll: Too bad for me! Hope you had a great rest of the trip in Woodstock and would love to hear more about your adventures in that great town! :D

Andy

Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:13 pm

mrcpa: Are you from Vermont? Maybe from the Williston area?

I think I may like your composition of Sleepy Hollow better than any I have ever seen.
Andy

If it sounds too good to be true, its probably . . . .

Utah Baker

Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:21 am

mrcpa, you make us all wish we could spend the entire season in Vermont checking out the progression of color continuely ! Every photo I see here I wish I could've been there!

mrcpa

Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:07 pm

Hi Everyone!

Sorry I took so long to write back. I am from Stamford, Connecticut! I work in 30 Rock in midtown Manhattan. I hadn't been to Vermont in over 15 years. I decided several months ago that I wanted to go the Woodstock Vermont area for some fall photography. I arrived in Woodstock on 10/13 and left the morning of 10/15. In between, all I did was take pictures! I went to Jenne Farm, downtown Woodstock, Cloudland Road, Joe Ranger Road, Quechee Gorge, East Barnard, Barnard and alot more.

I found out about all of these great places through this forum. Thank you so much for the information!

Here is a link to my website:

www.big-bang-photography.com

Check out the Vermont gallery.

Currently (10/27) I am still waiting for Central Park to reveal it's fall colors! We had rain last weekend and are having alot today. Tomorrow will be very windy. I hope there is something left by the middle of next week. That's when it should be at peak color!

Thanks alot!

Sheldon